In the interests of protecting our staff, trainers and you, our clients, we will be suspending all instructor-led training from 15th July 2020 until it is safe again.
Our company is working remotely to serve our clients and we are still offering courses via webinar. If you feel your online course didn’t meet that standard, you are welcome to re-attend your course in class when we re-open.
At its core, leadership means setting goals, lighting a path, and persuading others to follow. But the responsibility entails much more. Leaders must get their message out in a way that inspires, make the most of their limited time, and build roads to precious resources. They must negotiate alliances, improve their colleagues, and align the ambitions of the many with the needs of the organization.
What makes for a great leader? Is it something to do with inward characteristics, such as confidence and focus? Is it more about outward presence, including charm and compassion? Or is it about the ability to create a vision and get others to commit to it?
The answer is all of the above. By accepting the challenge to lead, you come to realize that the only limits are those you place on yourself.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||3 Day||R 6,897.00|
|Webinar||3 Day||R 5,547.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
New and old managers wanting to improve their leadership skills.
Management Position, or preparing to join a management team.
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- About the Learning Organization
- In the first session, participants will explore Peter Senge's vision of a learning organization. Is your company one where all employees are committed to lifelong learning? How can it encourage continual growth and development?
- Achieving Personal Mastery
- Next, participants will identify some strategies for understanding what our own strengths are, as well as where we want to go.
- Analyzing Our Mental Models
- Often, we create our own realities without even realizing that we do so. This session will give participants some ways to explore and change their own mental models.
- Achieving a Shared Vision
- This session will give participants some ideas for building commitment within a team using shared vision. Participants will also explore a model that will help them move their team to greater independence.
- Team Learning
- Next, participants will learn what a leader's role is in a team, and how to lead them through a discussion to reach an agreement point.
- Systems Thinking
- To wrap up the morning, participants will look at some different cycles and what impact they may play in team efficiency.
- Understanding Leadership
- In this session, participants will study Paul Hersey and Ken Blanchard's Situational Leadership IIÃ‚Â® model, which outlines four leadership profiles. Participants will also explore their own style; learn about servant leadership; and look at leadership in an organization through practices like onboarding, orientation, and performance management.
- Five Practices
- Day One will conclude with information on five essential leadership practices that experts James Kouzes and Barry Posner have identified. Participants will explore these practices through two exercises and some group discussion.
- Building Trust
- Day Two of this workshop will begin by looking at how trust and performance are related, and how a leader can build trust in team members.
- Managing Change
- Next, participants will learn ways to successfully lead a group through change. Participants will have an opportunity to work through a personal change scenario and to apply learning points to a case study.
- The Four Room Apartment
- Psychologist Claes Janssen describes the process of change like moving from one room to another in a four-room apartment. This session will look at the key aspects of that theory.
- Time Management Tips and Tricks
- To wrap up the morning of Day Two, participants will learn some ways to organize their workspace, conquer e-mail, and manage their time more effectively.
- Managers vs. Leaders
- In this session, participants will explore the differences between management and leadership.
- Types of Thinking
- Next, participants will learn about directional vs. consequential thinking. A brief discussion on ethics is included.
- Influence Strategies
- At the very core of leadership is the ability to influence people. This session will give participants some ways to persuade individuals to change. Robert Cialdini's influence strategies will also be covered.
- Managing Relationships
- Day Two will conclude with a detailed look at different aspects of relationships, including the relationship cycle, leading a team through conflict, and managing stress.
- A Simple Problem Solving Process
- Day Three will begin with an introduction to a simple, systematic problem solving process that participants can apply in any situation. Participants will also have an opportunity to apply the steps to a personal problem.
- Strategic Planning
- In this session, participants will learn about the SWOT technique, which helps to identify the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats of any person, organization, product, service, or process.
- Doing Delegation Right
- This session will give participants an opportunity to practice delegation through a group exercise and a role play. Participants will also learn about the different degrees of delegation.
- Criteria for Useful Feedback
- To wrap up the morning, participants will receive some tips for giving good feedback.
- Feedback Techniques
- Next, participants will delve deeper into the art of feedback and learn some specific techniques. Constructive criticism will also be discussed.
- Mastering Your Body Language
- We are always sending signals to others, whether we like it or not. Body language combined with vocal tone can override or even cancel the meaning of the words we say! In this session, participants will learn how to master the art of body language and subtle signals.
- Meeting Management
- Did you know that the average manager wastes seven to ten hours per week in meetings? In this session, participants will learn how to make the most of meetings.
- Pumping Up a Presentation
- Next, participants will learn seven steps to pump up a presentation.
- Personal Development
- To wrap up the workshop, participants will review their pre-assignment and identify next steps.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the workshop, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Wed 4 Nov 2020||Woodmead||Provisional|
|Wed 2 Dec 2020||Woodmead||Provisional|