In this one-day introductory workshop, you will learn the basics of neuro linguistic programming. We will give you the tools to manage your thoughts, and thereby manage yourself.
Cost$183.80 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What is Neuro Linguistic Programming?
- To begin, you will help participants define neuro linguistic programming and determine how it can help them in their day-to-day lives. Participants will learn about the history of NLP (including an explanation of why its credibility was damaged in the 1990's) and review some key NLP terms.
- The NLP Presuppositions
- Next, participants will explore 11 of NLP's guiding principles through a small group activity.
- The Senses According to NLP
- This session will explore our sensory systems as represented by the VAKOG acronym. Participants will also learn about sensory predicates - words that indicate what sensory system a person is using. The session will conclude with a discussion and an exercise on eye accessing cues.
- Using Enriched Language
- Powerful speakers all have one thing in common: they use language that appeals to all of our senses. This session will teach participants how to do just that.
- Interpreting Body Language
- Traditionally, body language has been used to help the listener interpret messages being sent. However, NLP uses body language to help sensitize us to the speaker's state. This session will give participants some key behaviors of common states. Participants will also have a chance to practice these skills in a role play.
- Asking Clean Questions
- NLP also provides a different approach to asking questions. NLP uses question forms that are more typically seen in therapy, called clean questioning. Participants will learn some different clean question frameworks in this session and have a chance to practice them.
- The Power of Hypnotic Language
- Next, participants will learn how to embed commands in a message and how to influence a positive outcome.
- Putting it All Together
- This session will give participants a chance to bring everything that they have learned together and role play a situation that recently happened in their lives.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.