This course will help you to coach, motivate and communicate better with your subordinates.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Learn ways to prioritize, plan, and manage their time.
- Identify their primary leadership style and techniques for maximizing that style.
- Develop more flexibility to use other leadership styles.
- Search for ways to overcome communication barriers.
- Determine ways they can meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching.
- Explore ways to engage in productive rather than toxic debate, and to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems.
Cost$229.90 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Managers, business owners and team leaders. Anyone new to team leadership would benefit.
A level of experience in small team leadership would be helpful but any interaction in a business environment is necessary. No specific skills apart from a desire to learn how to better one's leadership skills.
Course Outline / Curriculum
The first part of the day is spent clarifying and identifying personal learning objectives.
Participants review their pre-assignment, which asked them to evaluate where they currently are as a leader and where they want to go.
Identifying Leadership Style
Participants complete a self-assessment to help them identify their leadership style.
This session explores several different leadership models, including Situational Leadership II® and servant leadership. Aspects of people management such as onboarding, orientation, and performance management is covered.
Managing Your Time and Your Energy
Participants focus on techniques on self-management: how to get organized, set goals, and manage theirs and other's time.
The Commitment Curve
Participants are introduced to the commitment curve and discuss how to use it to build employee engagement.
Employee Development Models
This session focuses on giving participants a model for effective coaching. “You” and “I” messages will also be discussed, along with the consequences and benefits matrix.
Dealing with Conflict and Difficult Issues
Seven effective techniques for resolving conflict is discussed in this session.
What Successful Leaders Do
The course wraps up with a look at practices of successful leaders and organizations with an encouragement and motivation for delegates to continue to learn and develop communication and leadership skills.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.