COVID-19 READINESS PLAN
Leading Training is open for classroom based training as from the 10th of June. We have put strict safety measures in place, please see our COVID-19 READINESS PLAN
Those not comfortable attending classroom training are welcome to attend via webinar.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life at any level. This two-day workshop will help you give participants confidence when negotiating with both internal and external clients. This interactive workshop also includes techniques to promote effective communications and to turn face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
This workshop will help you teach participants:
- The benefits of good negotiation skills.
- The importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- Various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- How to develop alternatives and recognize options.
- Basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||2 Days||R 4,998.00|
|Webinar||2 Days||R 4,098.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What is Negotiation?
- To begin, participants will explore the different types of negotiation (including positional bargaining) and the phases of negotiation.
- The Successful Negotiator
- Next, participants will explore key attributes of a successful negotiator.
- Preparing for Negotiation
- During this session, participants will learn the elements of preparing for negotiation: identifying your fears and hot buttons; doing research into your issues and the opponent's issues; and preparing your WAP, BATNA, WATNA, and ZOPA.
- The Nuts and Bolts
- This session will give participants some tips on preparing their documentation and choosing a place for the negotiation.
- Making the Right Impression
- Next, participants will learn the importance of self-presentation during the negotiation, including small talk, attire, first impressions, and their handshake.
- Getting off to a Good Start
- During this session, participants will explore how to establish common ground and how to use ground rules.
- Exchanging Information
- This session will look at how to exchange information, and what to do if the negotiation gets off to a bad start.
- The Bargaining Stage
- Participants will learn six techniques for negotiating success and they will have an opportunity to practice and observe these techniques through a role play.
- Inventing Options for Mutual Gain
- Next, participants will learn about the four obstacles to mutual gain, and how to turn them into negotiation advantages.
- Getting Past No and Getting to Yes
- This session will look at ways to get past no and how to break an impasse, so that you can get to "yes."
- Dealing with Negative Emotions
- During this session, participants will explore some ways to deal with negative reactions during a negotiation.
- Moving from Bargaining to Closing
- Next, participants will learn how to tell when it's time to move from the bargaining phase to the negotiation phase.
- The Closing Stage
- This session will discuss ways to build win-win solutions, achieve a sustainable agreement, and reach consensus.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Thu 27 Aug 2020||Woodmead||Provisional|
|Thu 29 Oct 2020||Woodmead||Provisional|