Leading Training Solutions
IT and Business Skills Courses South Africa
About Basic Computer Skills - Windows 7
By using a personal computer, you can accomplish many tasks that might be more difficult and time-consuming to accomplish on your own. Some of those tasks might include writing a letter, analyzing numeric information, or sending an e-mail message; however, before you use a personal computer, you need to understand what it is and how it works. In this course, that is what you will do.
- Prepare to use a personal computer.
- Start a personal computer.
- Organize the contents of a hard drive by using Windows Explorer.
- Clean up a file system by using the Recycle Bin.
- Create a simple document and save a document.
- Make changes to an existing document using a variety of editing techniques.
- Apply text formatting to a document.
- Change the appearance of a document by applying various paragraph formats and effects.
- Preview a document and print a document.
- Create a basic spreadsheet by entering text and values.
- Work with cells and cell data by using a variety of moving and copying techniques.
- Perform calculations on data by using formulas.
- Change the appearance of spreadsheet data by using a variety of formatting techniques.
- Print a spreadsheet.
- Address and compose a message, change the message format, and then send the message. Attach a file to a message.
- Open a message in your inbox, reply to it and forward it to others. Print and delete messages.
- Begin using a network.
- Find information on the Internet by using Internet Explorer.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Light finger meals are supplied for part time courses.
There are currently no up and coming Basic Computer Skills - Windows 7 courses scheduled.You may request that the course be scheduled. If you are interested please click here to fill out an enquiry form.
Basic Computer Skills - Windows 7 Course Details
For individuals, attending this training means additional career opportunities and increased credibility in the workplace. With the versatility of attending our Saturday classes, you need not interrupt your job while you get skilled. We can help you access the power of modern communication on a personal computer and deal with the unknowns that can be intimidating to a beginner. The course begins with identifying personal computing devices and moves onto teaching skills such as typing, using a word processor, working with spreadsheets to do your personal budget, sending e-mails, and ends with using the Internet to search for information. Course is taught on Windows 7.
Anyone new to computers. This course was designed for the student who is completely new to personal computers and needs to learn the basics about programmes such as Windows 7, Word 2007, Excel 2007, Outlook 2007 and Internet Explorer.
Student needs to be literate.
Price:R 3,969.00 excl VAT. *Discount available
PC Hire:R 660 *Bring a notebook
Note: information may change without notice.
For clients who want to enjoy the convenience of public transport, consider the Gautrain. Our training premises in Woodmead is located near the Morning Glenn Mall Bus Stop. If organised by prior arrangement we will collect delegates from the afore mentioned bus stop at no extra charge. Direction to the bus stop are as follows:
Take the Gautrain to the Sandton station.
Take the S2 Bus to Morning Glenn Mall.
We will collect you at 8:30 directly from the bus stop.
Please submit a query on the course page and we will be able to advise you on hotels and guest houses close to the training facility.
It is very important that you have full administrator rights to your computer so that any software needed for the course can be installed correctly. Please ensure that you arrive at least 30min early on the first day of training in order to get your PC setup correctly.
If this is not possible then it will be better to make use of our computer.
If you have a query relating to this course, please complete the form below.