Moderator Training US115759 Course Details
- Demonstrate understanding of moderation within the context of an outcomes-based assessment system
- Plan and prepare for moderation
- Conduct moderation
- Advise and support assessors
- Report, record and administer moderation
- Review moderation systems and processes
Price:$600.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%. *Discount available
Note: information may change without notice.
About Moderator Training US115759
This practical course will equip learners with the required knowledge and skills to conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessment. The Moderator training course will further your understanding of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and will help you in developing your skills. It is the responsibility of the Moderator to moderate assessment according to relevant outcome statements and quality assurance requirements. The responsibility of the Moderator is significant and they need to meet a high standard of criteria and have to be registered before they are allowed to moderate.
- MODULE 1: Understanding of moderation within the context of an outcomes-based assessment system
- Moderation’s contribution to quality assured assessment.
- Moderation within the context of an OBE system
- Moderation and assessment methods and activities
- The moderator’s role and responsibilities
- MODULE 2: Plan and Prepare for Moderation:
- Planning the extent of moderation and methods of moderation
- Clarifying the context of the assessments under review
- Considering special needs
- Planning the moderation methods and processes
- Moderation techniques and processes
- Sampling of assessments
- MODULE 3: Conduct Moderation:
- Checking and judging the assessment instruments and process
- Confirming that special needs of learners have been provided for
- Handling appeals against assessment decisions
- Moderating recognition of prior learning
- Making the moderation decision
- Moderation checklists
- Confirming the assessment decisions
- MODULE 4: Advise and Support Assessors:
- Giving feedback to assessors
- The VARCCS report
- MODULE 5: Report, Record and Administer Moderation:
- Reporting to designated role players
- Report format and content
- Maintaining records
- MODULE 6: Review Moderation Systems and Processes:
- Using a SWOT Analysis
- Management Systems and Policies
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Wed 15 Nov 2017||3 Days||Scheduled||Book Now|