This course is currently not active. Feel free to submit an enquiry.
Advanced techniques and best practices for configuring a flexible and extensible layout for your site, then you'll learn how to get more control over the look and feel by creating a custom theme in Drupal.You will learn how to make Advanced responsive themes in Drupal.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Altering variables with preprocess functions
- Adding new variables with preprocess functions
- Adding new variables to a specific node type
- Dynamic templates with theme_hook_suggestions
- Overriding theme functions
- Creating a preprocess function for a theme function
- Function name suggestions
- Altering the page from the theme layer
- Altering forms from the theme layer
- Best practices for hook_form_alter()
- Theming forms
- Theme settings
- Strategies for keeping template files clean
- Web Typography
- Responsive Themeing