Groovy is a scripting language built for the Java Virtual Machine. Groovy has all the same classes as Java, with a simpler syntax. This is ideal for the first time programmer who will appreciate more forgiving language to get started and not get bogged down while learning the mindset behind programming.This short instructor led training course uses Groovy's strengths as a beginners programming language to gently introduce the aspiring programmer to the art of coding. You will find these classes non-threatening and surprisingly easy.
Calculate DiscountI will bring my own PC (less $99.00)
I will book and pay 10 business days before the course (less $75.90)
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudienceAspiring programmers. Especially Those interested in Java
Pre-RequisitesComputer literacy Reasonable typing (that is two fingers or more)
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Getting Started
- Typing in commands
- Commands with simple calculations
- Using variables
- Interacting with the user
- Going in a bit deeper
- variable types
- comparisons using if
- Writing a program
- The guessing game
- A very simple random number guessing game
- improve the game with more choices
- improve the game using a loop
- Understanding Operators, functions, and methods
- String Methods
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.