PC Networking Course Details
Price:$800.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%. *Discount available
PC Hire:$165 *Bring a PC
Note: information may change without notice.
About PC Networking
Technicians will gain skills needed to obtain a PC Networking certification, an industry recognised credential. This course builds a strong foundation in PC-based network features, benefits, cost concerns, performance issues, and troubleshooting.
- Introduction to Networks
- The Open Systems Interconnection Specifications
- Networking Topologies, Connectors, and Wiring Standards
- The Current Ethernet Specifications
- Networking Devices
- Introduction to Internet Protocol (IP)
- IP Addressing
- IP Subnetting, Troubleshooting IP, and Introduction to NAT
- Introduction to IP Routing
- Routing Protocols
- Switching and Virtual LANs (VLANs)
- Wireless Technologies
- Authentication and Access Control
- Network Threats and Mitigation
- Physical and Hardware Security
- Wide Area Networks
- Command-Line Tools
- Software and Hardware Tools
- Network Troubleshooting
- Management, Monitoring, and Optimization
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
There are currently no scheduled dates.