Technicians will gain skills needed to obtain a PC Networking certification, an industry recognised credential. This course builds a strong foundation in PC-based network features, benefits, cost concerns, performance issues, and troubleshooting.This course will help you to have full understanding of Computer Networks, practical usage of network switches, routers and wireless networks.
Cost$1,149.50 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
Or bring your own PC
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudiencePC Technicians, System Administrators, Candidates who would like to become Comptia Network+ Certified
Pre-RequisitesComputer Literacy, A Basic experience of computer networks as a user or Computer Architecture
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Introduction to Networks
- The Open Systems Interconnection Specifications
- Networking Topologies, Connectors, and Wiring Standards
- The Current Ethernet Specifications
- Networking Devices
- Introduction to Internet Protocol (IP)
- IP Addressing
- IP Subnetting, Troubleshooting IP, and Introduction to NAT
- Introduction to IP Routing
- Routing Protocols
- Switching and Virtual LANs (VLANs)
- Wireless Technologies
- Authentication and Access Control
- Network Threats and Mitigation
- Physical and Hardware Security
- Wide Area Networks
- Command-Line Tools
- Software and Hardware Tools
- Network Troubleshooting
- Management, Monitoring, and Optimization
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.