In the interests of protecting our staff, trainers and you, our clients, we will be suspending all instructor-led training from 15th July 2020 until it is safe again.
Our company is working remotely to serve our clients and we are still offering courses via webinar. If you feel your online course didn’t meet that standard, you are welcome to re-attend your course in class when we re-open.
Perl (Practical extraction and reporting language) is a powerful scripting language. Useful for system administration, web programming and of course reporting. Perl is portable between Linux, Unix and Windows.A basic to advanced training course on Perl fundamentals. Including running Perl on the command line regular expression use and even Perl objects.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||5 Days||R 14,145.00|
|Webinar||5 Days||R 10,245.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
AudienceWeb programmers, System Administrators, Database admins.
Pre-RequisitesMust be a highly proficient computer user, with either a strong aptitude for programming, or some sort of programming experience.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Introducing Perl
- a brief history of perl
- perl philosophy
- writing a simple Perl script
- online perl manuals
- useful perl commandline options
- Basic Perl Syntax
- data types
- some common functions
- control structures
- Perl Regular Expressions
- regular expression parsing
- tutorial on useful regular expressions
- Complex Data structures
- multi dimensional arrays and hashes
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.