Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perl (Practical extraction and reporting language) is a powerful scripting language. Useful for system administration, web programming and of course reporting. Perl is portable between Linux, Unix and Windows.A basic to advanced training course on Perl fundamentals. Including running Perl on the command line regular expression use and even Perl objects.
Calculate DiscountI will bring my own PC (less $165.00)
I will book and pay 10 business days before the course (less $141.45)
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudienceWeb programmers, System Administrators, Database admins.
Pre-RequisitesMust be a highly proficient computer user, with either a strong aptitude for programming, or some sort of programming experience.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Introducing Perl
- a brief history of perl
- perl philosophy
- writing a simple Perl script
- online perl manuals
- useful perl commandline options
- Basic Perl Syntax
- data types
- some common functions
- control structures
- Perl Regular Expressions
- regular expression parsing
- tutorial on useful regular expressions
- Complex Data structures
- multi dimensional arrays and hashes
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.