TCP/IP Networking Course Details
Price:$396.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
PC Hire:$66 *Bring a PC
Note: information may change without notice.
About TCP/IP Networking
TCP/IP Stands for Transmission Control Protocol over the Internet Protocol and it has come to represent the stack of protocols used for modern computer networking. (A protocol is the set of rules that determine the format of data and control information that is transmitted over the network).
- Computer Networking Overview
- Common Technologies
- Jargon Demistified
- The Network Stack
- Brief overview of the OSI Stack
- The TCP/IP Stack
- Wireless Protocols
- WAN Protocols
- The IP Protocol
- Routing the reason for IP
- The IP Packet
- Private Networks(RFC1918) and NAT
- Practical Network Interface Setup
- ipconfig and ifconfig
- Static network setup
- DHCP considerations
- ICMP and IP diagnostics
- ICMP echo and PING
- TTL and destination unreachable and TRACEROUTE
- Fragmentation and MTU
- TCP and UDP
- The reason for TCP - Sessions
- Compare and contrast TCP and UDP
- Packet Structure
- Port addresses and Sockets
- The netstat command
- Understanding Important Application Layer Protocols
- File Protocols
- VPN technologies
- Other Useful tools
- Port Scanners
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
There are currently no scheduled dates.