This course is currently not active. Feel free to submit an enquiry.
By using a personal computer, you can accomplish many tasks that might be more difficult and time-consuming to accomplish on your own. Some of those tasks might include writing a letter, analyzing numeric information, or sending an e-mail message; however, before you use a personal computer, you need to understand what it is and how it works. In this course, that is what you will do.
For individuals, attending this training means additional career opportunities and increased credibility in the workplace. With the versatility of attending our Saturday classes, you need not interrupt your job while you get skilled. We can help you access the power of modern communication on a personal computer and deal with the unknowns that can be intimidating to a beginner. The course begins with identifying personal computing devices and moves onto teaching skills such as typing, using a word processor, working with spreadsheets to do your personal budget, sending e-mails, and ends with using the Internet to search for information. Course is taught on Windows 7.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Anyone new to computers. This course was designed for the student who is completely new to personal computers and needs to learn the basics about programmes such as Windows 7, Word 2007, Excel 2007, Outlook 2007 and Internet Explorer.
Student needs to be literate.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Prepare to use a personal computer.
- Start a personal computer.
- Organize the contents of a hard drive by using Windows Explorer.
- Clean up a file system by using the Recycle Bin.
- Create a simple document and save a document.
- Make changes to an existing document using a variety of editing techniques.
- Apply text formatting to a document.
- Change the appearance of a document by applying various paragraph formats and effects.
- Preview a document and print a document.
- Create a basic spreadsheet by entering text and values.
- Work with cells and cell data by using a variety of moving and copying techniques.
- Perform calculations on data by using formulas.
- Change the appearance of spreadsheet data by using a variety of formatting techniques.
- Print a spreadsheet.
- Address and compose a message, change the message format, and then send the message. Attach a file to a message.
- Open a message in your inbox, reply to it and forward it to others. Print and delete messages.
- Begin using a network.
- Find information on the Internet by using Internet Explorer.