We are open for classroom training with strict Covid-19 Level 1 protocols in place.
This two-day seminar is designed for a trainer who wants to develop training programs that are meaningful, practical, and will benefit both trainees and the organizations they work for.
This two day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Describe the essential elements of a training program
- Apply different methodologies to program design
- Prepare, research, and deliver strong content
- Use an instructional model
- Create a training program proposal
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||2 Days||R 5,500.00|
|Webinar||2 Days||R 4,600.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
AudienceTrainers and course developers
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop.
- Program Design
- This session will explore some things that need to be considered before committing to developing a training program. We will also look at some situations where training is not appropriate and some alternatives to training.
- Identifying Needs
- Participants will look at how to determine what training is really necessary using the ICE method: Isolate, Consult, and Evaluate.
- The Training Model
- Next, we will explore a seven-step Instructional Systems Design Model. We will focus on adult learning and some basic principles that apply to developing training.
- The Program's Basic Outline
- Next, participants will learn how to create the basic outline for the program by writing objectives for knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs).
- Evaluation Strategies
- Of course, it's hard to know what you want to teach without knowing how you'll know you've taught it! This session will look at evaluation methods and how they tie into learning objectives.
- Defining Your Approach
- This session will look at a basic method that participants can use to design their program. We will also explore some specific learning tools, including demonstrations, case studies, guided teaching, study groups, role plays, games and simulations, and e-learning.
- Researching and Developing Content
- Now that we have a framework for the design of the program, participants will learn where to find the content. We will also talk about fads and copyright issues.
- Pre-Assignments in Training
- This session will explore the value of pre-assignments through a pre-assignment.
- Choosing Openings and Energizers
- We will talk about how to start off your training, different types of games, and some ways to make sure your game doesn't fall flat.
- Training Instruments, Assessments, and Tools
- Pre-designed testing tools can help with many training topics. This session will discuss how to make the most of these tools.
- Creating Supporting Materials
- Most trainers prepare notes for themselves to use as they are teaching their program. This session will look at some other materials that can enhance your training program, including student guides, handouts, and electronic slides.
- Testing the Program
- Participants will discuss ways to test their training program before they deliver it.
- Creating Proposals
- Participants will learn how to organize and write a training proposal, and then they will apply the knowledge to a case study
- Building Rapport
- We will discuss some ways to ensure that your proposal gets approved.
- Pulling it all Together
- To conclude the course, participants will work together to create individual action plans.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and speak with the trainer.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.