Public Finance Management Act is a 5 day course for public servants in government. It is essential for individuals to have a working knowledge of finance. We all play a role in our organisations' financial health, whether we realise it or not. If you don't have training or a background in finances, you may be at a disadvantage as you sit around the management table. Understanding the cycle of finance will help you figure out where you fit into your companys' financial structure.At the conclusion of this workshop: You should be able to have a â€˜big pictureâ€™ understanding of public finance. You will be familiar with the major concepts in public finance legislation in South Africa and how it applies to your department. You should understand your role in ensuring compliance with the statutory requirements of the PFMA. Understanding of the act will help you assess the financial performance and health of your department.
Cost$990.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudienceThis course targets anyone in public service wanting to learn how to comply with PFMA legislation.
Course Outline / Curriculum
Financial Management Legislations
- understand the financial management provisions of the Constitution
- understand the objectives of the Public Finance Management Act
- understand the role and the function of the Executive Authority and the Accounting Officer
- understand the role and responsibilities of other officials
Financial Management Environment
- understand financial management as a concepts in the Public Sector
- understand the functions of the office of the Chief Financial Officer
- understand the objectives of the Audit Committee
- understand the function of the Internal Audit unit
- understand accounting in the Public Sector
Financial Management Functions
- understand planning and budgeting
- understand revenue and expenditure management
- understand supply chain management as well as asset management
- understand how to deal with losses or damages
- understand the Private-public partnership
- understand banking, accounting records as well as financial misconduct
Implementation of the Public Finance Management Act
- Understanding critical aspects for the implementation of the Public Finance Management Act
- Understanding how to implement the Public Finance Management Act
- Understanding the importance of delegations
- Understand requirement to change policies and procedures
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Mon 21 Oct 2019||Woodmead||5 Days||Scheduled||Book Now|