Public Finance Management Act is a 5 day course for public servants in government. It is essential for individuals to have a working knowledge of finance. We all play a role in our organisations' financial health, whether we realise it or not. If you don't have training or a background in finances, you may be at a disadvantage as you sit around the management table. Understanding the cycle of finance will help you figure out where you fit into your companys' financial structure.At the conclusion of this workshop: You should be able to have a â€˜big pictureâ€™ understanding of public finance. You will be familiar with the major concepts in public finance legislation in South Africa and how it applies to your department. You should understand your role in ensuring compliance with the statutory requirements of the PFMA. Understanding of the act will help you assess the financial performance and health of your department.
Calculate DiscountI will book and pay 10 business days before the course (less $99.00)
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudienceThis course targets anyone in public service wanting to learn how to comply with PFMA legislation.
Course Outline / Curriculum
Financial Management Legislations
- understand the financial management provisions of the Constitution
- understand the objectives of the Public Finance Management Act
- understand the role and the function of the Executive Authority and the Accounting Officer
- understand the role and responsibilities of other officials
Financial Management Environment
- understand financial management as a concepts in the Public Sector
- understand the functions of the office of the Chief Financial Officer
- understand the objectives of the Audit Committee
- understand the function of the Internal Audit unit
- understand accounting in the Public Sector
Financial Management Functions
- understand planning and budgeting
- understand revenue and expenditure management
- understand supply chain management as well as asset management
- understand how to deal with losses or damages
- understand the Private-public partnership
- understand banking, accounting records as well as financial misconduct
Implementation of the Public Finance Management Act
- Understanding critical aspects for the implementation of the Public Finance Management Act
- Understanding how to implement the Public Finance Management Act
- Understanding the importance of delegations
- Understand requirement to change policies and procedures
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.