Public Finance Management Act Course Details
Price:$990.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%. *Discount available
Note: information may change without notice.
About Public Finance Management Act
Public Finance Management Act is a 5 day course for public servants in government. It is essential for individuals to have a working knowledge of finance. We all play a role in our organisations' financial health, whether we realise it or not. If you don't have training or a background in finances, you may be at a disadvantage as you sit around the management table. Understanding the cycle of finance will help you figure out where you fit into your companys' financial structure.
Financial Management Legislations
- understand the financial management provisions of the Constitution
- understand the objectives of the Public Finance Management Act
- understand the role and the function of the Executive Authority and the Accounting Officer
- understand the role and responsibilities of other officials
Financial Management Environment
- understand financial management as a concepts in the Public Sector
- understand the functions of the office of the Chief Financial Officer
- understand the objectives of the Audit Committee
- understand the function of the Internal Audit unit
- understand accounting in the Public Sector
Financial Management Functions
- understand planning and budgeting
- understand revenue and expenditure management
- understand supply chain management as well as asset management
- understand how to deal with losses or damages
- understand the Private-public partnership
- understand banking, accounting records as well as financial misconduct
Implementation of the Public Finance Management Act
- Understanding critical aspects for the implementation of the Public Finance Management Act
- Understanding how to implement the Public Finance Management Act
- Understanding the importance of delegations
- Understand requirement to change policies and procedures
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
There are currently no scheduled dates.