Writing Reports and Proposals Course Details
Workshop objectives include:
Learn the value of good written communications.
Develop paragraphs that introduce, connect, develop, and conclude some part of an idea.
Prepare reports and proposals that inform, persuade, and provide information.
Learn how to proofread your work so you are confident it is clear, concise, complete, and correct
Provide an opportunity to apply these skills in real work applications.
Price:$183.80 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
PC Hire:$25 *Bring a PC
Note: information may change without notice.
About Writing Reports and Proposals
A course on writing effective reports and persuasive proposals.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Next, participants will learn how to create topic sentences for paragraphs.
- During this session, participants will explore ways to create emphasis.
- Unity and Coherence
- This session will teach participants how to create unity in their report.
- The Stages of Report Writing
- The bulk of the second day will be spent exploring the four stages of report writing: investigation, planning, writing, and revising.
- Formal Reports
- During this session, participants will look at the additional components of a formal report.
- How to Use Headings
- This session will provide a brief introduction to laying out a report.
- Charts and Graphs
- Next, participants will learn the right way to add charts and graphs to their report.
- Writing Proposals
- During this session, participants will learn how writing a proposal is different from writing a report.
- The Finishing Touches
- This session will look at finishing touches for a report, including steps in the persuasion process, how to design your message, and how to deal with tough questions.
- Practical Application
- To wrap up the workshop, participants will peer edit each others' work.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the workshop, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Thu 18 Jan 2018||1 Days||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Fri 23 Feb 2018||1 Days||Scheduled||Book Now|