This one-day workshop will help you teach participants:
- How to describe themselves in descriptive language
- What the essential elements of cover letters and resumes are
- All about the need for pre-employment testing, and what to expect in their target market
- How to design a personalized portfolio
- How to develop a plan that moves them to a new job within 60 days
Leading Training is focusing on providing virtual training
courses for the foreseeable future and will only consider
in-person and classroom training on request, with a required
minimum group size of six delegates. We remain committed to
offering training that is fast, focused and effective.
Save up to 10% by booking and paying
10 business days before the course.
Information may change without notice.
Anybody wanting to learn about Job Portfolios
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Who are You?
- To begin the day, participants will review their strengths and skills and how to use language to sell themselves.
- Writing the Resume
- This session will give participants some guidelines to help them produce a brilliant resume.
- Creating a Noticeable Package
- Next, participants will look at different resume formats for different purposes. They will also look at how to make branding work for them.
- Cover Letters
- During this session, participants will learn how to create an attention-grabbing cover letter.
- Getting into the Flow
- To wrap up the morning, participants will have half an hour of writing time.
- The Portfolio
- This session will show participants how to present their skills in a portfolio format.
- Dealing with Awkward Points
- Next, participants will learn how to address absences from the workplace, including job hopping, parental leave, being fired, and incarceration.
- Getting to a New Job in 60 Days
- This session will give participants a 60-day plan to get them to a new job.
- Giving References
- During this session, participants will learn who they should ask to be a reference and how they should ask them.
- Thank You
- To conclude the day, participants will learn about an important but often overlooked aspect of the job search: the thank you note.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule
a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the
button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates
interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit
your paid booking.
Add me to the waiting list
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will
schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate
a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended
learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with
some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what
your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have
paid for 3 delegates at least.