- Assess their skills, values, and beliefs about work and looking for opportunities.
- Develop an understanding for the types of work available to them and where to find more information.
- Recognize the differences and benefits available through career coaches, counselors, and mentors.
- Learn different approaches to job searching, such as networking and tapping into the job market.
Cost$229.90 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Change and Transitions
- To begin, participants will learn about the change cycle in the context of searching for a job.
- The Important Stuff
- This session will give participants a chance to identify their core values and how those values affect their job search.
- Skill and Ability
- Next, participants will identify their key skills.
- Vocation and Strategy
- During this session, participants will evaluate their job satisfaction. They will also learn about the importance of living your purpose, and how to know when you're doing what you were meant to do.
- This session will give participants some tips on additional resources to check out after the workshop, including the NOC and different types of career development professionals.
- The Job Market
- Did you know only about 10% to 20% of jobs in the United States and Canada are actually advertised? This session will give participants some ways to tap into the hidden job market.
- Invite Your Network
- During this session, participants will build a networking plan.
- Ready, Set, Goal!
- Next, participants will set some SMART goals to get their job search started.
- Keeping It Real
- This session will help participants set some action steps to start working toward their goal.
- Thinking Unconventionally to Get What You Want
- In order to do the work that we love, we have to also consider the environment we live in, the realities of the job market, and the things we want to do most. This session will look at those factors and how participants can use them to their advantage.
- Getting Things Moving
- To wrap up the day, participants will complete a personal action plan.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out a course evaluation.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.