COVID-19 READINESS PLAN
Leading Training is open for classroom based training as from the 10th of June. We have put strict safety measures in place, please see our COVID-19 READINESS PLAN
Those not comfortable attending classroom training are welcome to attend via webinar.
Most people battle to keep track of and prioritizing todo lists. Create a structure to organize both your personal and professional life.
Over the course of this two-day workshop, we will explore various time management and organizational tools and techniques so that you can build a customized productivity plan for your personal and professional lives. At the end of the course, you will emerge with a plan that works for you, so that you can start regaining control of your life!\
Specific learning objectives include:
- What personal efficiency is, what skill sets can improve personal productivity, and what attitudes they should cultivate
- What role long-term goals play in short-term efficiency
- The 80/20 rule and how it should affect planning
- The characteristics of a good organizational system
- A plan for an efficient workspace, including a customized information center and a filing system
- A system that will allow you to process any type of information that crosses your desk, including e-mail, electronic files, paper files, voice mail, text messages, and drop-in visitors
- Ways of saying no
- How routines can simplify their lives
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||2 Days||R 4,000.00|
|Webinar||2 Days||R 3,100.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Anyone that needs a structure to help with getting tasks completed
Computer literacy is an advantage
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Understanding Personal Efficiency
- To start, participants will explore what personal productivity means to them and others, and what it might feel like. We will also discuss how personal productivity is similar to (and different from) basic time management.
- Developing the Right Attitude
- This session will give participants some useful attitudes to cultivate and some skills that they might want to work on. You will also discuss why multi-tasking is a myth.
- Laying the Foundation
- Your daily and weekly task lists are in fact only the tip of your personal to-do list. This session will show participants how to create a strong foundation for their daily plan: a vision statement, dreams, and goals.
- The Building Blocks of a Good Organizational System
- After the lunch break, participants will brainstorm a list of characteristics of a good organizational system. You will also explore Pareto's principle, also known as the 80/20 rule.
- Creating the Right Environment
- This session will focus on how to purge a workspace, design it for efficiency, and re-organize it. We will also introduce our filing system and our daily information management system: the incubator.
- Setting up your Virtual Environment
- Next, we will take a closer look at organizing electronic files and e-mail.
- Setting up Your Information Management Center
- Day Two will begin with an overview of the four components of an information management center: calendar, tasks lists, communications log, and projects notebook. To reinforce learning, participants will review three case studies and then create their own.
- Managing Information in Six Easy Steps
- This session will introduce the GOPHER model of handling information. Participants will then apply the knowledge to a case study.
- Prioritizing Your Tasks
- Next, participants will learn how to prioritize work with the Eisenhower principle, also known as the urgent-important matrix.
- Saying No
- In this session, participants will explore different ways of saying no.
- Creating Routines
- Participants will discover the importance of routine through an exercise and a large group discussion.
- Stopping Procrastination Now (Not Later!)
- This session will give participants some ways to tackle those tasks that they have been putting off. Participants will also complete a Challenge to Change.
- Applying Our Lessons at Home
- The final session of this workshop will give participants to organize key areas at home, including chores, exercise, and meals.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Mon 12 Oct 2020||Woodmead||Provisional|