Time Management Course Details
Specific learning objectives include:
- Better organize yourself and your workspace for peak efficiency.
- Understand the importance of, and the most useful techniques for, setting and achieving goals.
- Identify the right things to be doing and develop plans for doing them.
- Learn what to delegate and how to delegate well.
- Take control of things that can derail your workplace productivity.
Anyone with a responsibilities at work
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
Note: information may change without notice.
About Time Management
Time Management is a two day course and part of a Bundle Course called Office Aministration.
Time is money, the saying goes, and lots of it gets lost in disorganization and disruption. We also deal with a constant barrage of technology, people, and tasks that can contribute to that disorganization. Many people find that they flit from one task to another, trying to get everything done.
You will learn how to make the most of your time by getting a grip on your workflow and office space, using your planner effectively, and delegating some of your work to other people.
- Course Overview
- You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- The Power of a Change
- To begin, participants will use their pre-assignment to identify areas where they want to change their time management approach. They will also have an opportunity to write out a bucket list, which will help them identify long-term goals.
- Changing Our Perspective
- Next, participants will explore four priorities that we find to be most neglected: connecting with people, paperwork, reading, and exercise. Then, participants will apply their knowledge to a case study.
- Setting Goals
- During this session, participants will learn how to set goals with SPIRIT to help them manage their time better.
- Planning Tips and Tricks
- This session will explore different planning tools and their uses.
- Setting up a Routine
- To wrap up the morning, participants will discuss how routines can help them manage their time.
- Doing it Right
- Sometimes we need to approach things with a bit of attitude in order to get things done, and do them well. We’re recommending to be a bit playful with this, and to be BOLD.
- Putting an End to Procrastination
- This session will give participants some ways to tackle those tasks that they have been putting off.
- Getting Organized
- This session will give participants a plan to organize their work area.
- Organizing Your Files
- During this session, participants will explore ways to manage paper and electronic files, including e-mail.
- Managing Your Workload
- To wrap up the day, participants will help Mary Marvelous manage her workload. Then, they will complete a 168-hour plan to see where their time is being used up.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Light finger meals are supplied for part time courses.
To apply for a booking, click on the relevant "Book Here" link below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.