Project Management Fundamentals Course Details
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Define the terms project and project management
- Identify benefits of projects
- Identify the phases of a project's life cycle
- Sell ideas and make presentations
- Prioritize projects
- Begin conceptualizing their project, including goals and vision statements
- Use a target chart and other planning tools
- Complete a Statement of Work
Price:$250.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%. *Discount available
Note: information may change without notice.
About Project Management Fundamentals
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Defining Projects and Project Management
- To begin the day, we will look at what a project is and what project management means. We will also look at some of the key players in a project team.
- The Role of a Project Manager
- This session will examine some of the key skills that a project manager needs. We will also look at developing a proposal.
- How Can Projects Help Me?
- Often, people see projects as just more work to do. However, if managed properly, projects can provide tremendous growth and satisfaction for all those involved. We will look at some of the benefits and challenges of projects in a lecture and a case study.
- A Project's Life Cycle
- This session will explore the four major phases of a project. Participants will complete a mix-and-match exercise to reinforce the concept.
- Selling a Project
- If you can identify a project that will bring benefits to your company, that's great. However, getting support for that project can be a whole other story. This session will look at some ways to prioritize and sell projects.
- Creating a Vision
- Before you start planning a project, you must know what you want the project to achieve. The best way to do this is to create a vision statement. We will discuss what a vision statement is and how to create one. Then, participants will work in small groups to create a vision for a sample project.
- Project Goals
- This session will discuss the six key parts to a project goal. Then, participants will write some goals for a project they are working on.
- Using a Target Chart
- A target chart can help you identify the biggest priorities in your project and help you see how to achieve your goals. This session will explore how to create and use a target chart.
- Preparing Your Project
- Once you have decided which project to promote to others and identified your vision and goals, there are some considerations you want to be prepared for. Participants will discuss six key considerations in small groups.
- Laying out the Project
- Now that we have a good idea of what our project will entail, we can create the charter and statement of work. We will also look at using a project planning worksheet.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
There are currently no scheduled dates.