Linux System Administration is the art of maintaining a Linux host, normally a server, in an optimal state for both performance and functionality.This course is a follow on from System Administration 1. It concentrates on BASH programming and how to automate standard administration procedures.
Calculate DiscountI will bring my own PC (less $75.00)
I will book and pay 10 business days before the course (less $50.80)
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Cost$433.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Or bring your own PC
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudienceSystem administrators and Linux enthusiasts.
Pre-RequisitesLinux System Administration 1 or equivalent knowledge. Linux Networking proficiency is recommended.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- More about the Linux kernel
- A DIY Kernel
- Shell Generalities
- Shell Scripts
- The Shell as a Programming Language
- Practical Shell Scripts
- Interactive Shell Scripts
- The sed Stream Editor
- The awk Programming Language
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.