COVID-19 READINESS PLAN
Leading Training is open for classroom based training as from the 10th of June. We have put strict safety measures in place, please see our COVID-19 READINESS PLAN
Those not comfortable attending classroom training are welcome to attend via webinar.
The course covers the principles of networking on Linux, and provides practical experience in installing and configuring Linux network services.The Linux Networking course covers the configuration, use and troubleshooting of various network services making use of command-line networking tools which are available for the Linux platform. The course will help you to get past the initial hurdles to using Linux in the server environment.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||5 Days||R 12,745.00|
|Webinar||5 Days||R 9,245.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
AudienceSystem Administrators and LPIC2 exam candidates.
Pre-RequisitesLinux Essentials or familiarity with the Linux command line and command-line tools, System Administration 1 or equivalent knowledge
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Introduction: Networking and Internet
- The Basics: TCP/IP
- Setting Up Linux Networks
- Standalone Services
- inetd and xinetd
- Remote Access - secure shell
- DHCP server
- Bind DNS server
- Remote Procedure Calls
- The Network File System (NFS)
- The Network Information Service (NIS)
- Modems, ISDN, and PPP
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.