Course specifically directed at the distribution of Ubuntu LinuxThis course also serves as a good introduction to Linux concepts to those who prefer a gentler approach to making the paradigm shift to Linux.
Cost$288.70 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Or bring your own PC
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudienceLinux Desktop users & administrators, especially those who would prefer a gentler approach to the paradigm shifts of Linux.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Linux distributions & Ubuntu
- Understanding Ubuntu
- Hardware and Installation
- Power Management
- Diskless Network Booting
- General Administration
- Ubuntu Package Management
- Printing configuration
- Locale and Language
- File System Security
- Networking Configuration and Shares
- Desktop Configuration
- Desktop Environments
- Display Managers
- Fonts and Screen
- Email Clients Configuration
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.