The Social Media Marketing Course is a practical workshop that takes delegates through the largest and most influential platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Delegates will learn the basics of how to use and optimize their social media accounts, or create them if they don't yet have any. The prospective marketers will learn how to find which platforms their users frequent and how to target them across various platforms.
They will learn specific posting strategies for each platform, what content to use for those strategies and where to find it. They will also learn to start advertising campaigns across these platforms.
Lastly, they will learn how to use social media account management tools to make their work efficient and painless.
Calculate DiscountI will bring my own PC (less $99.00)
I will book and pay 10 business days before the course (less $84.87)
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Business owners, product owners, small business start-ups, independent consultants needing to boost their online profile, marketing managers, website admins and content specialists. Anyone wanting a practical handle on social media to make it work for business.
A device to access the internet, preferably a laptop. Access and login in details to existing social media platforms. It is necessary that you be comfortable with computers and the internet and have some exposure to social media. A marketing background would be helpful but not essential.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Social Media is Throwing a Party
- Delegates will explore the similarities between throwing a party and hosting social media platforms: entertainment, invitations, making sure everyone gets along.
- Discovery paths
- The class will look at the various ways their audience finds and interacts with them on social media and even which platforms we should be using to find our audience.
- What do you want to achieve? We will look at setting goals which will inform us as to which platforms will help us achieve our goals and how best to go about marketing on them.
- Content Marketing
- On the web, content is king. We will explore what forms of content there are and how we can use our content to achieve the goals that we have set out to achieve. We will also look at how to create a content system to make the generation of content efficient.
- Next we will explore the importance of a business blog as well as how to use topics and key words to draw attention and create buy-in.
- Delegates will learn the culture of the world's largest social media platform and how to use that for effective business marketing. This section will cover important aspects such as the look and feel of your Facebook page, what content to post, when to post it and how to boost it. Delegates will set up a business Facebook page if they currently don’t have one, or edit an existing one that they have admin rights to. The section will also cover paid advertising in Facebook and help you to set up a Facebook ad campaign.
- This section will explore basics such as how to set up both your personal profile and business page for success as well as exploring important tactical elements such as the team based marketing approach to LinkedIn. We will also explore the use of groups and LinkedIn Pulse for communicating your message, as well as paid advertising.
- This section will explore the unique culture of twitter and what type of audience can be found there. We will explore the basics of the tweet, handle, hashtag and retweet. We will also explore using twitter lists for strategic purposes, creating twitter cards and paid marketing on twitter. Delegates will set up a twitter account for business or edit an existing Twitter business account.
- This section will explore the dual functionality of YouTube, as a social media platform in its own right, and a supportive platform for other media. We will look at how to upload videos, what videos to upload, and how to optimise them for interactivity. Delegates will be taken through the steps to create a You Tube channel.
- During this section, we will look at how we can use Hootsuite as a tool to manage our social media accounts so that we can save time and energy in marketing on social media.
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Mon 16 Mar 2020||Woodmead||3 Days||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Mon 22 Jun 2020||Woodmead||3 Days||Provisional|
|Mon 14 Sep 2020||Woodmead||3 Days||Provisional|