You are a business user of reports and dashboards and need to use a tool to support your decision making. You use data both in tabular and in graphical format and need to access both summarized and detailed versions of the data. You need to interact live with the data sets using a web-based application.
- Makes use of the Microsoft PowerBI.com web-based application to create basic reports and dashboards. The reports and dashboards can be shared both inside and outside of the company
- Focuses on the skills that will be needed by dashboards users to compile reports and dashboards, and share the dashboards with colleagues and clients
- Covers the basic built-in visualizations in detail, with the relevant exercises
- Covers the advanced built-in functionality for visualization as demonstrations and as self-study sections
- Gives some guidelines for report and dashboard design
Cost$229.90 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Or bring your own PC
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
This is a bespoke course for specific audiences and is therefore not on our public schedule. This course needs to be customised to the unique settings of a business and will, therefore, be quoted on separately. The possible audience includes the executive team, their personal assistants, divisional heads, line managers, as well as personnel who need to receive alerts on changes in data.
Delegates must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, and either Microsoft Edge, Microsoft IE, or Google Chrome. Delegates should be able to use one of the Microsoft Office applications on a basic level. Delegates should have some experience in doing reporting.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Overview of Business Intelligence and PowerBI
- Microsoft Self-Service Business Solution
- Microsoft PowerBI applications
- Using Data Sources:
- Data Sources available
- Uploading Excel workbook
- Uploading CSV file
- Uploading a Web page containing tables
- Accessing a SQL Server database
- Accessing Microsoft PowerBI.com web-based application
- Review the structure of the application
- Accessing the first dashboards
- Use Built-in Visualizations and Formatting to create Reports
- Data Structure of the sample database
- Table granularity
- Multi-level cards
- Switching between table types
- Basic charting and the Bar chart
- Column chart
- Line chart
- Pie chart
- Adjusting charts
- New visualizations
- Enhancing charts
- Clustered charts
- 100% Stacked charts
- Text boxes
- Page background color
- Interacting with the data
- Drilling down
- Using charts to slice data
- Filtering data
- Working with a Dashboard
- Using the PowerBI application for Android
- Create an alert
- Additional visualizations
- Donut charts
- Funnel charts
- Scatter charts
- Bubble charts
- Waterfall charts
- Line and stacked column charts
- Custom visualizations
- Bubble chart play axis
- Best Practice for Dashboard design
- Optional: Data sources and data manipulation
- Accessing a SQL Server database
- Refresh data
- Split data columns imported from a CSV file
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.