PostgreSQL is a sophisticated open source relational database management system. PostgreSQL supports the structured query language (SQL) with a wide variety of data types and support for: triggers, a number of embedded programming languages, and full transactional processing.
Instructor led training course on the administration of the PostgreSQL Relational Database Management System. You will be able to develop and maintain powerfull PostgreSQL servers.
Cost$529.10 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Or bring your own PC
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Database administrators, developers, IT support staff.
SQL course or equivalent knowledge.
Linux Essentials course or experience with using the Linux command line.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- The Basics
- Why PostgreSQL
- Why Not PostgreSQL
- Where to Get PostgreSQL
- Administration Tools
- PostgreSQL Database Objects
- What’s New in Latest Versions of PostgreSQL
- Where to Get Help
- Database Administration
- Configuration Files
- Managing Connections
- Database Creation
- Backup and Restore
- Managing Disk Storage with Tablespaces
- Verboten Practices
- Environment Variables
- Interactive versus Noninteractive psql
- psql Customizations
- psql Gems
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Basic Reporting
- Using pgAdmin
- Getting Started
- pgAdmin Features
- Graphical Explain
- Job Scheduling with pgAgent
- Tables, Contraints, and Indexes
- Query Performance Tuning
- Gathering Statistics on Statements
- Writing Better Queries
- Guiding the Query Planner
- Replication and External Data
- Replication Overview
- Setting Up Full Server Replication
- Foreign Data Wrappers
- Installing PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL Packaged Command-Line Tools
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.