We are open for classroom training with strict Covid-19 Level 1 protocols in place.
PostgreSQL is a sophisticated open source relational database management system. PostgreSQL supports the structured query language (SQL) with a wide variety of data types and support for: triggers, a number of embedded programming languages, and full transactional processing.
Instructor led training course on the administration of the PostgreSQL Relational Database Management System. You will be able to develop and maintain powerfull PostgreSQL servers.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||2 Days||R 5,791.00|
|Webinar||2 Days||R 4,391.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Database administrators, developers, IT support staff.
SQL course or equivalent knowledge.
Linux Shell Commands course or experience with using the Linux command line.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- The Basics
- Why PostgreSQL
- Why Not PostgreSQL
- Where to Get PostgreSQL
- Administration Tools
- PostgreSQL Database Objects
- What’s New in Latest Versions of PostgreSQL
- Where to Get Help
- Database Administration
- Configuration Files
- Managing Connections
- Database Creation
- Backup and Restore
- Managing Disk Storage with Tablespaces
- Verboten Practices
- Environment Variables
- Interactive versus Noninteractive psql
- psql Customizations
- psql Gems
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Basic Reporting
- Using pgAdmin
- Getting Started
- pgAdmin Features
- Graphical Explain
- Job Scheduling with pgAgent
- Tables, Contraints, and Indexes
- Query Performance Tuning
- Gathering Statistics on Statements
- Writing Better Queries
- Guiding the Query Planner
- Replication and External Data
- Replication Overview
- Setting Up Full Server Replication
- Foreign Data Wrappers
- Installing PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL Packaged Command-Line Tools