Drupal is a Content Management System and Framework built in PHP. Drupal is highly modular and there is a very large library of ready made modules available providing advanced features. Writing your own Drupal module can allow you to easily add new functionality to all you Drupal sites as well as to a large market of Drupal users.You will learn how to develop a module step by step. You'll learn how to navigate the extensive documentation available and determine where you can hook into the system and add your new functionality. You will also learn about developer workflow and maintaining your site. By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Understand Drupal's hook system and development architecture
- Insert and extract data using Drupal's core database abstraction layer.
- Responsibly modify contributed modules using patches
- Employ and articulate best practices, security techniques, conventions and coding standards
Cost$426.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Or bring your own PC
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Pre-RequisitesPrior experience with programming or a web application framework are assumed. PHP, HTML and CSS assumed.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Welcome to Module Building
- How to Build Module Scaffolding
- How Hooks Work and How to Use Them
- Overview of Coding Standards
- Development Tips and Tricks
- How to Build and Manipulate Forms with the Form API
- How to Add and Manipulate Pages With the Menu System
- How to Add to and Manipulate the Theme Layer
- How to Work With the Database
- How to Work With Users
- How to Work With Nodes
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.