COVID-19 READINESS PLAN
Leading Training is open for classroom based training as from the 10th of June. We have put strict safety measures in place, please see our COVID-19 READINESS PLAN
Those not comfortable attending classroom training are welcome to attend via webinar.
Drupal is a Content Management System and Framework built in PHP. Drupal is highly modular and there is a very large library of ready made modules available providing advanced features. Writing your own Drupal module can allow you to easily add new functionality to all you Drupal sites as well as to a large market of Drupal users.You will learn how to develop a module step by step. You'll learn how to navigate the extensive documentation available and determine where you can hook into the system and add your new functionality. You will also learn about developer workflow and maintaining your site. By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Understand Drupal's hook system and development architecture
- Insert and extract data using Drupal's core database abstraction layer.
- Responsibly modify contributed modules using patches
- Employ and articulate best practices, security techniques, conventions and coding standards
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||2 Days||R 4,760.00|
|Webinar||2 Days||R 3,360.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Pre-RequisitesPrior experience with programming or a web application framework are assumed. PHP, HTML and CSS assumed.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Welcome to Module Building
- How to Build Module Scaffolding
- How Hooks Work and How to Use Them
- Overview of Coding Standards
- Development Tips and Tricks
- How to Build and Manipulate Forms with the Form API
- How to Add and Manipulate Pages With the Menu System
- How to Add to and Manipulate the Theme Layer
- How to Work With the Database
- How to Work With Users
- How to Work With Nodes
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.