Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below or email email@example.com.
The Employment Equity Act requires a company to comply with the act in terms of recruitment policy and the Skills Development legislation requires that employees be trained and developed. Many employers need to comply in order to complete EE reports and to claim back Skills Development Levies. Companies need to comply in order to reach BEE scorecard targets.
The course is designed to enable the delegate to understand the
fundamentals of Employment Equity & Skills Developement.
The author of the course Michael Opperman is also the author
of two books called “A Practical Guide to Disciplinary Hearings” & “Investigating Misconduct and Incapacity.”
Both books are published by Juta Law.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
- Company DirectorsHR/IR Personnel and Executives
- Senior Management
- Mid-Level Management
- Junior Management and Supervisors
- SDF's, Training Committee members and EE committee members
Course Outline / Curriculum
Module 1 - Employment Equity Act
1) Purpose of the act
2) Interpretation of the act
3) Unfair Discrimination
• What is Discrimination?
• The difference between fair and unfair discrimination
• How unfair discrimination is prohibited
• Medical & psychological testing
• Discrimination in terms of employment applicants
• Disputes concerning unfair discrimination
• The burden of proof
• The legal route that can be followed
4) Affirmative Action
• What is a designated employer?
• What are the duties of designated employers
• Affirmative action measures
• Consultation with employees & matters to be consulted on
• Disclosure of information
5) The Employment Equity Committee
• The employment equity plan
• The employment equity report
• The manager assigned to oversee the process
• The employer’s duty to keep records
• Income diferentials at diferent levels
6) Commission for Employment Equity
7) Monitoring Enforcement & Legal Proceedings
8) General Provisions
• Codes of good practice
• Temporary employment services
• Relevant Documents
• Interaction with Department of Labour
Module 2 – Skills Development Act
• Purpose of the Act
2) Schematic Representation of Role Players Within the Act
3) National Skills Authority
• Functions of the Authority
4) Sector Education & Training Authorities (SETA’s)
• Establishment of SETA’s
• Functions of SETA’s
• Constitution of SETA
5) Labour Centres
• Learnership agreements
• Contract of Employment with learners
• Disputes about learnerships
7) Skills Programs
8) Employment Services
9) Artisan Development
• National Artisan Moderation Body
• Listing of trades
• National registrar of artisans
10) Interaction with SARS
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Tue 28 Apr 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|
|Thu 28 May 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|
|Thu 25 Jun 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|
|Thu 23 Jul 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|
|Wed 26 Aug 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|
|Mon 28 Sep 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|
|Thu 22 Oct 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|
|Wed 18 Nov 2020||Woodmead||Scheduled|