Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below.
The Labour Relations Act requires an employee have access to a fair hearing. Many employers lose cases at the CCMA on account of failing to follow due procedure
This course is designed to enable the delegate to understand the fundamentals of chairing a hearing and delivering an outcome.
The author of the course Michael Opperman is also the author
of two books called “A Practical Guide to Disciplinary Hearings” & “Investigating Misconduct and
Both books are published by Juta Law.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
- Company DirectorsHR/IR Personnel and Executives
- Senior Management
- Mid-Level Management
- Junior Management and Supervisors
Course Outline / Curriculum
Section 1 – Types of Dismissals & The LRA
Section 2 – Role of The Chairperson.
Section 3 – Pre-Dismissal Arbitration
Section 4 – Suspension
Section 5 – Misconduct Hearings
Section 6 – Incapacity Poor Work Performance Hearings
Section 7 – Incapacity For Ill Health Hearing
Section 8 – Grievance Meetings
Section 9 – Chairpersons Checklist
Section 10 – Analyzing Evidence
Section 11 – Reaching A Verdict
Section 12 – Mitigation & Aggravation
Section 13 – Consistency
Section 14 – Formulating Sanction
Section 15 – The Finding
Section 16 – Section 188A
Section 17 – Internal Appeals
Section 18 – Case Studies
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.