The course aims to give participants the essential basics of South African Labour Relations practice for effective workplace functioning and prepares the participant for more advanced training. The programme covers all the basic areas of Labour Relations law and policy for shop steward functioning.
A one day introduction to the role and responsibilities of being a shop steward. Overveiw of basic law and current Labour Relations Legislation in South Africa.
Cost$300.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Shop stewards, managers, supervisors, HR managers & HR practitioners
Be in leadership in the workplace (usually in industry or big business). Literate.
Course Outline / Curriculum
Participants will achieve the workshop outcome by being able to:
- Know the history and background of Labour Legislation in RSA
- Have thorough knowledge on Labour Law and its application in shop steward practice
- Understand the functions and structures of Trade Unionism in RSA
- Understand the role and duties of a shop steward at the workplace
- Facilitate effective interaction with management
- Understand the mechanisms of a disciplinary code and procedure
- Know different approaches to handling conflict at the workplace
- Understand the South African dispute resolution mechanisms and the role and function of a shop steward in the dispute resolution process
- Understand and constructively participate in workplace grievance and disciplinary processes
- Understand the grounds, rules and processes of termination of employment
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.