Intro to Labour Relations in the Workplace Course Details
A one day introduction to the role and responsibilities of being a shop steward. Overveiw of basic law and current Labour Relations Legislation in South Africa.
Shop stewards, managers, supervisors, HR managers & HR practitioners
Be in leadership in the workplace (usually in industry or big business). Literate.
Price:$300.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
Note: information may change without notice.
About Intro to Labour Relations in the Workplace
The course aims to give participants the essential basics of South African Labour Relations practice for effective workplace functioning and prepares the participant for more advanced training. The programme covers all the basic areas of Labour Relations law and policy for shop steward functioning.
Participants will achieve the workshop outcome by being able to:
- Know the history and background of Labour Legislation in RSA
- Have thorough knowledge on Labour Law and its application in shop steward practice
- Understand the functions and structures of Trade Unionism in RSA
- Understand the role and duties of a shop steward at the workplace
- Facilitate effective interaction with management
- Understand the mechanisms of a disciplinary code and procedure
- Know different approaches to handling conflict at the workplace
- Understand the South African dispute resolution mechanisms and the role and function of a shop steward in the dispute resolution process
- Understand and constructively participate in workplace grievance and disciplinary processes
- Understand the grounds, rules and processes of termination of employment
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Thu 1 Mar 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|