Microsoft Word 2013 is designed to help you move smoothly through the task of creating professional looking documents. It's rich features and powerful tools can make your work easy, and even fun. In this course you will learn how to use Word to create edit simple documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents
You can also use this course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exams for Microsoft Word.
In this course you will learn fundamental Word 2013 skills
- You will start by getting acquainted with word user interface
- Creating a new document and finding help
- Find, select and modify text
- Format text and paragraph styles
- Add and modify tables
- Manage complicated lists
- Insert graphic objects
- Apply design styles and layout options on pages
- Check for spelling and grammer
Cost$183.80 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Or bring your own PC
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
This course is intended for people who want to learn fundamentals Microsoft Word skills.
- Personal Assistant
People who perform the following tasks would benefit from Microsoft Word level 1 Training:
- Report writing
- Proposal writing
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Getting Started
- Identifying components of the Word interface
- Editing a document
- Navigate and select
- Modify Text
- Find and Replace
- Formatting text and paragraphs
- Apply Character formatting
- Align text using tabs
- Display text in list items
- Control paragraph layout
- Apply borders and shading
- Apply paragraph styles
- Manage formating
- Adding Tables
- Insert a table
- Modify a table
- Format a table
- Convert text to tables
- Convert Tables to text
- Managing lists
- Sort a list
- Renumber a list
- Customise a list
- Inserting graphic objects
- Insert symbols and special characters
- Add images
- Controlling page appearance
- Apply page borders and colour
- Add watermarks
- Add headers and footers
- Control page layout
- Proofing a document
- Check spelling and grammar
- Proofing tools
- Check accessibility
- Customising the word environment
- Customise the word interface
- Additional saving options
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.