Survival Skills for the New Trainer Course Details
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants:
- The essential background for trainers to have
- How being genuine enhances training
- How to ask good questions
- Key listening skills
- How to develop rapport building strategies
- The essentials of presentation skills
Price:$183.80 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%. *Discount available
Note: information may change without notice.
About Survival Skills for the New Trainer
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What Makes a Good Trainer?
- To start the day, we will discuss some key background ideas, including principles of adult learning and what the word "trainer" means.
- Projecting the Right Image
- Next, participants will learn how to make the a good, lasting first impression and how to maintain that impression.
- Being Genuine
- During this session, participants will explore what being genuine means in a large group discussion.
- Acting Assertively vs. Aggressively
- Participants will explore the differences between passive, aggressive, and assertive behavior, and why assertive behavior is important for a trainer.
- Asking the Right Questions to get the Right Answers
- This session will focus on open questions, closed questions, and the communication funnel. Participants will also have an opportunity to practice these skills in an exercise.
- Participants will identify their listening strengths and weaknesses through a quick quiz and a personal inventory. We will also discuss some ways that participants can improve their listening skills.
- Connecting With People
- During this session, we will look at ways to build rapport and how to use facilitative training. Participants will then evaluate themselves to see what skills they need to build in these areas. To conclude the session, we will look at some potential problem situations and ways to defuse them before they start.
- Presentation Skills
- We will use the PAFEO acronym to identify the elements of a good presentation.
- Essentials for Success
- We will ask participants to complete a checklist of what attributes they feel makes a good trainer. This will also help participants identify areas for further training.
- Do's and Don'ts for New Trainers
- To wrap up the learning points, participants will discuss a checklist of do's and don'ts.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions, complete an action plan, and talk with the trainer.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
There are currently no scheduled dates.