This one-day workshop will help you teach participants:
- The essential background for trainers to have
- How being genuine enhances training
- How to ask good questions
- Key listening skills
- How to develop rapport building strategies
- The essentials of presentation skills
Leading Training is focusing on providing virtual training
courses for the foreseeable future and will only consider
in-person and classroom training on request, with a required
minimum group size of six delegates. We remain committed to
offering training that is fast, focused and effective.
Save up to 10% by booking and paying
10 business days before the course.
Information may change without notice.
Trainers, facilitators, teachers
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What Makes a Good Trainer?
- To start the day, we will discuss some key background ideas, including principles of adult learning and what the word "trainer" means.
- Projecting the Right Image
- Next, participants will learn how to make the a good, lasting first impression and how to maintain that impression.
- Being Genuine
- During this session, participants will explore what being genuine means in a large group discussion.
- Acting Assertively vs. Aggressively
- Participants will explore the differences between passive, aggressive, and assertive behavior, and why assertive behavior is important for a trainer.
- Asking the Right Questions to get the Right Answers
- This session will focus on open questions, closed questions, and the communication funnel. Participants will also have an opportunity to practice these skills in an exercise.
- Participants will identify their listening strengths and weaknesses through a quick quiz and a personal inventory. We will also discuss some ways that participants can improve their listening skills.
- Connecting With People
- During this session, we will look at ways to build rapport and how to use facilitative training. Participants will then evaluate themselves to see what skills they need to build in these areas. To conclude the session, we will look at some potential problem situations and ways to defuse them before they start.
- Presentation Skills
- We will use the PAFEO acronym to identify the elements of a good presentation.
- Essentials for Success
- We will ask participants to complete a checklist of what attributes they feel makes a good trainer. This will also help participants identify areas for further training.
- Do's and Don'ts for New Trainers
- To wrap up the learning points, participants will discuss a checklist of do's and don'ts.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions, complete an action plan, and talk with the trainer.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule
a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the
button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates
interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit
your paid booking.
Add me to the waiting list
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will
schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate
a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended
learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with
some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what
your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have
paid for 3 delegates at least.