Trainer Essentials Course Details
Price:$198.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
Note: information may change without notice.
About Trainer Essentials
The objective of this program is to equip trainers of all disciplines to effectively communicate and develop positive Human Relation Skills with their delegates. They will be shown ways of motivating and growing their delegates to their full potential.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Defining a Successful Training Program
- To start the day, participants will be asked to think about what successful training looks like. This will segue into a discussion of different audiences and their expectations. Participants will also look at some situations that could identify a need for training, and some of the benefits that training can bring.
- Defining a Successful Trainer
- Next, participants will discuss the characteristics of a successful trainer, including how to stimulate a readiness to learn. Participants will also look at common mistakes made by new trainers, and they will brainstorm some ways to avoid or resolve those issues.
- A Word about Adult Learning
- During this session, participants will explore the differences between adult and child learners in small groups.
- The Learning Process
- The adult learning process has four distinct steps. Participants will look at each step and discuss how they can use this model to help our trainees learn.
- Principles of Adult Learning
- This session will explore the key principles of adult learning through an exercise and small group work.
- The Learning Cycle
- For every learning point we make, there should be a learning cycle to be certain all trainees have "got it." This session will examine that cycle. Participants will also explore some ways to cover all points of the cycle in a training program.
- Types of Trainers
- During this session, we will look at four main types of trainers, and how these types can help participants become better trainers.
- The Training Process
- This session will introduce participants to the six-step training process.
- Performing a Needs Analysis
- Next, participants will learn about the first step: performing a needs analysis. During this session, participants will look at some sample situations and develop possible training ideas.
- Planning Training
- The next two steps in the training process are to develop the training and prepare employees. We will examine these steps through a lecture and group work.
- Training Methods
- The fourth step of the training process is to conduct the training. During this session, we will begin looking at some key parts of this step, including training methods and environmental concerns.
- Designing a Learning Sequence
- This session will introduce participants to the four parts of an effective learning sequence. Then, participants will practice creating a few sequences of their own.
- Using Humor and Adding Games
- Continuing with the fourth step, participants will learn how to use humor appropriately and how to choose games to add to their training.
- Are You Ready For Anything?
- Participants will work in groups to discuss how preparation can affect the training session and what sort of things a trainer should prepare for.
- Setting the Climate
- This session will discuss some of the key factors that set the training climate.
- Presentation Skills
- During this session, participants will explore some different ways to communicate with the audience, including telling, showing, non-verbal communication, and using notes. Participants will also examine some different types of visual aids that they can use and how best to use them.
- Dealing with Difficult Trainees
- Participants will complete a brainstorming exercise to identify types of difficult trainees and ways to deal with them.
- On-the-Job Training
- Job instruction training (or on-the-job training) is becoming more and more prevalent. This session will discuss a four-step plan to make job training a success.
- Training Presentations
- We have set aside this time for participants to present their short training program.
- It's now time to go back to the fifth step of the training process: evaluations. We will examine several methods that participants can use to evaluate the success of their program. (For information on the sixth step, see our Coaching course.)
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Mon 22 Jan 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|