We are open for classroom training with strict Covid-19 Level 1 protocols in place.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Understand how training can include the use of humor and games
- Use different types of games
- Identify methods to elicit participant buy-in
- Use humor principles in adult learning
- Troubleshoot when games go badly
- Develop their own games
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 1,838.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 1,388.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
AudienceTrainers, Facilitators, Teachers
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Let's Have Some Fun
- We will begin the day with a brief review of the learning cycle and adult learning principles. We will also discuss the value of games in training. Participants will then have an opportunity to share their favorite training game.
- During this session, we will discuss three things that can help the participants see the value of training games. We will also discuss some great game experiences and some games that flopped, and what we can take away from these lessons.
- Choosing the Right Game
- Preparation is key to the success of any trainer. This session will discuss some different types of games and activities. We'll also talk about how to deal with reluctant participants.
- When Games Go Badly
- Despite our best intentions and planning, sometimes a game won't work. We will discuss how to anticipate, avoid, and deal with problems.
- Using Humor in Training
- It's not hard to be funny; just be CREATIF! We will explore each letter of this acronym during this session.
- Wavy Lines
- To break the day up and illustrate some of our key points, participants will take part in a quick, fun energizer.
- Quick and Easy Games
- Participants will take part in three easy games that can be adapted for many situations. Then, they will discuss the games from a trainer's perspective.
- Create a Game
- To wrap up the day, participants will work in small groups to create their own game.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.