Complex Solution Selling Course Details
Harvard Business Review research shows that only 9.1% of meetings result in a sale and that only 1 in 250 salespeople exceed their targets.
This course is intended for sales personnel that are required to do B2B selling and need to up their game to support the company’s revenue targets. The focus is on learning to sell their Value Proposition in a way that leads to drastically improved Sales Performance.
Sales personnel and team leaders required to do B2B selling.
Non sales line managers will also benefit substantially by understanding what is required to be a truly Customer Centric organisation.
Price:$594.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%. *Discount available
Note: information may change without notice.
About Complex Solution Selling
Rather than just promoting an existing product, the Complex Solution salesperson focuses on the customer's potential Needs, pain(s) or Gains and addresses the issues with his or her offerings (product and services). Solution selling is usually used in complex sales situations, where products are just one of the elements that lead to a solution. The hardest thing about B2B selling today is that customers do not need you the way they used to. In recent decades salespeople have become adept at discovering customersâ€™ needs and selling them solutions, generally, complex combinations of products and services. The traditional sales approach has changed dramatically in the last decade.
Top sales professionals do not just sell more effectively, they sell differently. This means that boosting the performance of average sales person is not a matter of improving how they currently sell; it involves altogether changing how they sell. To accomplish this, organizations need to fundamentally rethink the training and support provided to their sales personnel.
- The role and competencies of modern Complex Solution sales professional
- In this session we will explore the different types of sales people and drill down into the role and competencies of the Complex Solution sales professional.
- Effective Sales Processes, Sales Planning and Opportunity Planning
- If we fail to plan – we plan to fail. Successful selling does not happen by chance, a structured Sales Process, Sales Planning and Opportunity Planning approaches are vital to ensuring that overall sales objectives are achieved. We will explore and unpack a best-of-breed approach for successful selling.
- Sales Leadership and Sales Management
- We will briefly explore the essentials of a good Sales Management System and explore tools and techniques for managing sales operations. A methodology for tracking and forecasting sales will be covered in-depth and templates will be provided for managing opportunities.
- A separate 1 day supplemental course is available for team leaders who need to lead and manage sales teams.
- Building and managing a pipeline
- Selling to a customer who wants to buy from you is relatively simple. Finding prospects that have a compelling need, have the necessary resources and authority, and who want to buy from you is a serious challenge. Here we will explore how to build a list of suspects and prospects that we can potentially sell to and will explore how we reach these potential customers to initiate a sales intervention.
- Qualifying opportunities
- Many sales people only achieve a 10—20% hit rate. Top Sales Professionals aim for and consistently achieve well in excess of 50% hit rate. We will explore a method for qualifying whether leads should become opportunities and whether or not we should pursue them and invest resources in doing so, Rule 1 – Prioritise: Do fewer; do them better.
- Differentiating your offering and Value Proposition
- In its simplest terms, a value proposition is a positioning statement that explains what benefit your solution provides and how you do it uniquely well. It describes the problem you solve, and why you’re distinctly better than the alternatives. We can only provide a meaningful Value Proposition to a potential customer once we fully understand their need, pain or gain. Top Sales Professionals have the ability to “move off the solution” until they have intelligently explored the problems to be solved or the results to be achieved. In this session we will explore the techniques of formulating a Win/Win value proposition.
- Presenting your proposal and closing the deal
- The purpose of presenting your proposal is to enable a decision. Don’t present to Open, present to close. Your proposal should not contain any surprises for the customer, rather merely a written confirmation of what’s already been discussed. In this session we will discuss the importance of the proposal and how to ensure that we close the deal.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
There are currently no scheduled dates.