Organizations recognize that they do better business when their people are engaged, motivated, and yes, talented. Having the right people in place at the right time is a key aspect to continued growth, success, or even just stability. This course will provide you with just what it takes to have the right people ready. It will help you create a program to measure the talents of your people and how to help them grow in preparation for the future. It will also help you support and grow your organization by teaching you how to apply the most current research and adapt your organization to the ever-changing marketplaces.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Apply the multifaceted aspects of talent management in their own organizations
- Describe the skills required to manage high potential candidates
- Recognize and foster talent within an organization
- Explain the principles of competency based management
- Use the language for talent management
Calculate DiscountI will book and pay 10 business days before the course (less $22.99)
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
HR personnel, managers, business owners
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Understanding Talent Management
- To begin, participants will explore where talent management originates and the value of developing an actual program.
- Understanding Performance Management
- Next, participants will look at the shared management model of performance management, and how it differs from talent management.
- Understanding Succession Planning
- This session will give participants an introduction to succession planning. Topics covered will include a glossary of terms, how to identify critical people and resources, and how to perform a risk assessment.
- Creating a Talent Management Plan
- In this session, participants will learn about the three steps to any talent management program and how to develop a vision.
- About Competency Based Programs
- Next, participants will learn about competencies and competency models, including Goleman's emotional intelligence model.
- Identifying Talent
- This session will explore the five key talent groups in any organization through discussion and a case study. Participants will also learn about fast track programs.
- Bring on Bench Strength
- In this session, participants will look at how to use existing human resource programs to support talent management.
- Conducting Talent Assessments to Create a Talent Profile
- Next, participants will learn a three phase process for creating a talent profile and a method for compiling results. They will also have the chance to start working on a talent profile form for their organization.
- Keeping People Interested
- This session will explore the concept of abilities and aspirations through discussion and a case study. Participants will also learn some tips to help keep their superstars performing.
- Talent Review Meetings
- In this session, participants will learn about the structure of a talent review meeting and important follow-up activities.
- Show Me the Money!
- Next, participants will look at the role of compensation in a talent management plan.
- Communicating with High Potentials
- This session will look at both sides of the debate on whether or not to tell high potentials of their status.
- Development Strategies
- In this session, participants will learn about key personal development strategies, including SMART goals, 360Â° feedback, coaching, mentoring, and creative development methods.
- Reality Check!
- Participants will explore talent management strategies from three leading organizations in this session.
- Fostering Engagement
- According to the Gallup Management Journal, only 26% of employees in an average organization are engaged. This session will give participants ten C's to get their employees engaged and active.
- Evaluating the Plan
- In this session, participants will learn about a six-stage evaluation process that they can use to keep their talent management program moving.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the workshop, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.