Public Speaking Course Details
This workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Gain rapport with your audience
- Reduce nervousness and fear
- Recognize how visual aids can create impact and attention
- Create a professional presence
- Prepare and organize information in different ways
Price:$183.80 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
Note: information may change without notice.
About Public Speaking
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- To begin, participants will explore key communication skills, including how to start and end a conversation.
- Edit Your Conversation
- Next, participants will learn about characteristics that can make or break the audience's impression of a speaker, including volume, clichÃ©s, slang, diction, jargon, and tact (or lack thereof).
- Appropriately Sharing Yourself with Others
- During this session, participants will discuss self disclosure using the Johari window.
- This session will explore the idea of trust and how self disclosure can help build relationships.
- Positive Self-Talk
- During this session, participants will learn how to build their self-confidence - a key skill for any public speaker.
- Making the Most of Meetings
- Meetings are a central part of communication and cooperation within any organization. This session will give participants some ways to successfully prepare for and present at any meeting.
- Body Language
- During this session, participants will learn some ways to make sure their body language is sending the right message.
- Sticky Situations
- This session will give participants some tools to deal with uncomfortable situations.
- Why Talk?
- Next, participants will explore the value of oral presentations.
- Planning Your Presentation
- During this session, participants will learn how to use PAFEO to plan their presentation.
- Overcoming Nervousness
- To conclude the first day, we will look at some suggestions about delivery.
- The STARR Pattern
- To begin the second day, participants will learn a second way of organizing their presentation: the STARR pattern.
- Start Writing!
- This session will focus on the nuts and bolts of creating your presentation.
- Limit Your Information
- During this session, participants will receive tips on how to reduce the volume of information in their presentation without watering it down.
- Audience Profile
- Next, participants will look the value of audience profiles.
- Your Speaking Voice
- This session will look at the eight key parts of a presenter's message.
- Add Punch to Your Presentation
- There are many types of visual aids. We will provide an overview of, and tips for, the most common visuals during this session.
- Your Presentation
- To wrap things up, participants will prepare and present a short presentation. Participants will evaluate each other and provide constructive feedback.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
There are currently no scheduled dates.