Specific learning objectives include:
- Quick and easy preparation methods - whether you have one minute or one week to prepare.
- What you can do to prepare for questions before you know what those questions will be.
- How you can overcome the nerves that you may have when speaking in front of a group, particularly if the group is not sympathetic to what you have to say.
- Presentation techniques that establish your credibility and get people on your side.
Calculate DiscountI will book and pay 10 business days before the course (less $18.38)
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudiencePersons involved in public speaking
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Getting Started
- To begin, we will explore what Speaking Under Pressure is. Participants will also learn an easy way to structure any presentation.
- This session will offer participants seven easy ways to prepare for a presentation - even if you don't know the time, date, or topic.
- Force Field Analysis
- Next, participants will learn about a structured method of looking at two opposing forces acting on a situation.
- Understanding Your Audience
- During this session, we will explore a three-phase needs approach. Participants will also practice creating an audience profile.
- Controlling Your Jitters
- This session will focus on how to make the most of stage fright.
- Making Your Listener Hear You
- During this session, participants will explore what turns listeners on and off in a large group discussion. We will also take a brief look at non-verbal communication.
- Key Themes
- To wrap up the first day, participants will learn what a key theme is and how to create one and distill it into a key sentence. Participants will also be given a small homework assignment.
- Key Sentences
- To begin the second day, we'll wrap up our discussion on key themes and participants will share their homework assignment.
- A Plan to Structure Ideas
- This session will focus on a three part plan (Aim, Concentrate, and Adapt) that participants can use to structure the body of their presentation.
- Organization Methods
- Next, participants will learn some different ways to organize the information in the body of their message.
- Our Body Language
- During this session, participants will take a close look at positive and negative body messages.
- If You Could Be
- To prepare for the major presentation later on in the workshop, participants will be asked to give a short presentation on this question: "If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one ability or quality, what would it be?"
- Beginnings and Endings
- This session will give participants some ways to create strong beginnings and endings.
- Expanding a Basic Plan
- So far, this workshop has focused on small presentations. This session will give participants some tips on fleshing out those small presentations should they be required to present something longer than just a few minutes.
- To conclude the workshop, participants will prepare and present a short five minute speech. Participants will also evaluate each other.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.