This one-day workshop will help you teach participants:
- The benefits of developing a support network of connections.
- How building relationships can help you develop your business base.
- How to apply communication techniques to build your network.
- The key elements in strong working relationships, and how they might put more of these elements in your working relationships.
- Key interpersonal skills.
Calculate DiscountI will book and pay 10 business days before the course (less $24.99)
If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Sales Consultants wanting to build relationships with clients
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Focusing on Your Customer
- To begin, participants will learn what consultative selling (or customer-focused sales) is all about. Participants will also explore the efforts vs. results matrix, and what activities can generate the biggest results for them.
- What Influences People in Forming Relationships?
- There are seven main things that influence people in forming relationships. During this session, we will cover what those influences are and how participants can ensure they are a positive factor in your relationships.
- Joe Luft and Harry Ingraham developed the Johari Window, a way of looking at our self-awareness and our ability to ask feedback of others. We will look at the Johari Window in detail during this session, and how disclosure can help build good relationships.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- One of the most popular books ever written was Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. We will spend this session looking at some of its tips.
- Communication Skills for Relationship Selling
- The two most basic elements of good communication are asking questions and listening to others. We will cover both skills in depth during this session.
- Non-Verbal Messages
- Did you know that your words convey only 7% of your message? We'll discuss what the other 93% is made up of, and how participants can ensure that your body is sending the same message as your words.
- Managing the Mingling
- During this session, we will discuss some tips on mingling, including ways to remember peoples' names.
- The Handshake
- During the important first few minutes of a new relationship, a handshake is usually the only body contact between two people. We will discuss and demonstrate the five key elements of a good handshake.
- Small Talk
- Being able to small-talk successfully is one of the most crucial skills a businessperson can develop, but it's also one of the hardest. We'll discuss some basic do's and don'ts of small talk.
- Once you have started a network of business associates, how do you organize your contacts? We will answer this question to wrap up the day.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.