Conquering Your Fear of Speaking in Public Course Details
During this workshop, participants will:
- Enhance the ability to speak one-on-one with others.
- Begin to feel more confident speaking socially or small groups such as meetings.
- Practice developing these skills in a safe and supportive setting.
Price:$183.80 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%. *Discount available
Note: information may change without notice.
About Conquering Your Fear of Speaking in Public
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Good Communication Skills
- To begin, participants will share communication opportunities that they feel they have missed in the past few weeks. Then, participants will explore barriers to communication and possible solutions.
- Interpersonal Skills
- This session will look at two key interpersonal skills: asking questions and listening.
- During this session, participants will learn about self-disclosure using the Johari Windows concept.
- The Art of Conversation
- Next, participants will learn about and practice the four levels of conversation.
- Practicing Dialogue
- This session will wrap up everything participants have learned so far into one exercise.
- Re-Designing Yourself for Strength
- During this session, participants will learn about the seven components of a good speaker.
- This session will focus on presenting a professional image.
- Maximizing Meetings
- Next, participants will discuss fifteen ways to make the most of meetings.
- Sticky Situations
- This session will give participants an opportunity to identify situations that they have difficulty with, and to brainstorm some solutions.
- Controlling Nervousness
- During this session, participants will learn some ways to control physical and mental nervousness.
- Tell Me a Story
- To wrap up the day, participants will make a small, impromptu presentation.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
There are currently no scheduled dates.