We are open for classroom training with strict Covid-19 Level 1 protocols in place.
During this workshop, participants will:
- Enhance the ability to speak one-on-one with others.
- Begin to feel more confident speaking socially or small groups such as meetings.
- Practice developing these skills in a safe and supportive setting.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 1,838.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 1,388.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
AudienceAnybody who finds himself needing to speak in public
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Good Communication Skills
- To begin, participants will share communication opportunities that they feel they have missed in the past few weeks. Then, participants will explore barriers to communication and possible solutions.
- Interpersonal Skills
- This session will look at two key interpersonal skills: asking questions and listening.
- During this session, participants will learn about self-disclosure using the Johari Windows concept.
- The Art of Conversation
- Next, participants will learn about and practice the four levels of conversation.
- Practicing Dialogue
- This session will wrap up everything participants have learned so far into one exercise.
- Re-Designing Yourself for Strength
- During this session, participants will learn about the seven components of a good speaker.
- This session will focus on presenting a professional image.
- Maximizing Meetings
- Next, participants will discuss fifteen ways to make the most of meetings.
- Sticky Situations
- This session will give participants an opportunity to identify situations that they have difficulty with, and to brainstorm some solutions.
- Controlling Nervousness
- During this session, participants will learn some ways to control physical and mental nervousness.
- Tell Me a Story
- To wrap up the day, participants will make a small, impromptu presentation.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.