Assessor Training US115753 Course Details
- Demonstrate understanding of outcomes-based assessment;
- Prepare for assessments;
- Conduct assessments;
- Provide feedback on assessments; and
- Review assessments.
Price:$525.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%. *Discount available
Note: information may change without notice.
About Assessor Training US115753
This training programme is ideal for those who wish to learn the methods of assessing an outcomes-based learning programme and for those wishing to improve their assessment skills. This programme equips learners with the necessary knowledge and skill to make effective judgements on a person's competency by means of assessments.
The learner will be able to conduct assessments within their fields of expertise, as well as, carry out assessments in a fair, valid, reliable and practicable manner that is free of all bias and discrimination
- MODULE 1: Understanding of outcomes-based assessment:
- Comparisons between outcomes-based and another form of assessment of learning.
- RPL is explained.
- Assessment methods described and compared.
- Key principles of assessment.
- The approach to giving feedback on assessment.
- MODULE 2: Prepare for assessments:
- Preparation of assessment.
- Parties involved in the assessment.
- All pre-assessment moderation requirements.
- Assessment details are explained to candidates.
- Inputs are sought from candidates.
- Candidate readiness for assessment is confirmed.
- MODULE 3: Conduct assessments:
- Assessment practices.
- Assessments carried out according to the assessment design and in line with the assessment plan.
- Questioning techniques.
- Sufficient evidence.
- Assessment judgements.
- Records of the assessment.
- MODULE 4: Provide feedback on assessments:
- Feedback is clear and confined to strengths and weaknesses in performance and/or requirements for further evidence in relation to the outcome/s at hand.
- The type and manner of feedback.
- Feedback on the assessment process.
- Disputes and/or appeals.
- Agreements reached and key elements of the feedback are recorded.
- MODULE 5: Review assessments:
- The review.
- Weaknesses in the assessment design and process.
- Weaknesses in the assessment arising from poorly defined outcomes and criteria.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Thu 9 Nov 2017||4 Days||Scheduled||Book Now|