This workshop will help teach participants how to:
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding them back
- Develop skills in asking questions
- Identify what their non-verbal messages are telling others
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically
- Enhance their ability to handle difficult situations
- Deal with situations assertively
Leading Training is focusing on providing virtual training
courses for the foreseeable future and will only consider
in-person and classroom training on request, with a required
minimum group size of six delegates. We remain committed to
offering training that is fast, focused and effective.
Save up to 10% by booking and paying
10 business days before the course.
Information may change without notice.
Anybody who needs the basics on communicating effectively.
The Self Mastery Course is highly recommended as a precursor to this course.
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- The Ten Commandments of Positive Relationships
- During this session, participants will explore ten ways to build positive relationships, including using uplifting messages.
- Knowing your fears can help you address them. Participants will complete a self-confidence assessment and then the group will discuss fears and solutions.
- During this session, you will help participants identify their strengths and weaknesses through a personal exercise and a role-play.
- Communication Barriers
- After a large group case study, participants will work in small groups to discuss barriers to communication. Participants will also complete a short exercise to illustrate how these barriers apply to everyday life.
- Asking Questions
- This session will examine questioning skills (including open questions, closed questions, and probing) through a lecture and a pairs exercise.
- Listening Skills
- Participants will work on their listening skills by participating in two quizzes and a role play. We have also provided two lectures for the trainer.
- Remembering Names
- To start the second day, participants will complete a list of the names of other participants. Then, the trainer can segue into a discussion on tips for remembering names.
- Body Language
- To begin this session, the trainer will talk about the idea of body language in a lecture. Then, participants will complete a small group exercise and a large group exercise to explore the concept further.
- Frame of Reference
- This session will explore our frame of reference and the assumptions that we make through a lecture, large group exercise, and group discussion.
- How we see ourselves has an impact on how we interact with others. Through lecture, case studies, and discussion, this session will investigate ways that participants can improve their self-image and thereby deal with difficult situations assertively and positively.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule
a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the
button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates
interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit
your paid booking.
Add me to the waiting list
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will
schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate
a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended
learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with
some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what
your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have
paid for 3 delegates at least.