Communication Strategies Course Details
This workshop will help teach participants how to:
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding them back
- Develop skills in asking questions
- Identify what their non-verbal messages are telling others
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically
- Enhance their ability to handle difficult situations
- Deal with situations assertively
Price:$198.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%. *Discount available
Note: information may change without notice.
About Communication Strategies
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- The Ten Commandments of Positive Relationships
- During this session, participants will explore ten ways to build positive relationships, including using uplifting messages.
- Knowing your fears can help you address them. Participants will complete a self-confidence assessment and then the group will discuss fears and solutions.
- During this session, you will help participants identify their strengths and weaknesses through a personal exercise and a role-play.
- Communication Barriers
- After a large group case study, participants will work in small groups to discuss barriers to communication. Participants will also complete a short exercise to illustrate how these barriers apply to everyday life.
- Asking Questions
- This session will examine questioning skills (including open questions, closed questions, and probing) through a lecture and a pairs exercise.
- Listening Skills
- Participants will work on their listening skills by participating in two quizzes and a role play. We have also provided two lectures for the trainer.
- Remembering Names
- To start the second day, participants will complete a list of the names of other participants. Then, the trainer can segue into a discussion on tips for remembering names.
- Body Language
- To begin this session, the trainer will talk about the idea of body language in a lecture. Then, participants will complete a small group exercise and a large group exercise to explore the concept further.
- Frame of Reference
- This session will explore our frame of reference and the assumptions that we make through a lecture, large group exercise, and group discussion.
- How we see ourselves has an impact on how we interact with others. Through lecture, case studies, and discussion, this session will investigate ways that participants can improve their self-image and thereby deal with difficult situations assertively and positively.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Wed 1 Nov 2017||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|