Becoming an expert trainer involves continuous improvement, self-evaluation and an analysis of the results of every training intervention. The purpose of this programme is to provide delegates with the opportunity to develop new skills. A platform is provided for the experienced trainer to hone in on identified areas for improvement. This programme provides delegates with an opportunity to identify and improve developmental areas immediately.
The recommended duration of this programme is 3 days with a maximum of 10 delegates. This is based on the final recorded 10 to 15 minute training intervention per delegate.
Level 5, 10 credits
The Objectives of the Programme
- Plan and prepare for facilitation;
- Facilitate learning; and
- Evaluate learning and facilitation.
Cost$555.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
HR Managers, Trainers, Learner Trainers, Coaches, Facilitators, T&D Managers, Skills Development Facilitators, anyone needing to train staff or be accredited by the ETDP SETA as a facilitator.
It is assumed for credit calculation, that learners are already competent in the learning area in which they will provide training. (Have scope or experience to train in a specific field.) It is recommended that learners have at least 14 days workplace experience in training or facilitation (part time or full time and bring proof thereof). Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on a NQF level 4 (Matric Level)) Access to email and where possible to the internet for re
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Module 1: Adult Learning
- Characteristics of adults
- Adult learning principles
- Learning style preferences
- Module 2: Plan and Prepare for Training and Development
- Identify learning needs in relation to intended learning outcomes
- Ensure plans cater for the identified learning needs. (possible learning barriers, previous learning experiences, literacy and numeracy levels, language, culture, special needs and different learning styles.)
- Arrange resources, locations, and personnel.
- Prepare learning material to suit agreed outcomes.
- Select appropriate facilitation methods
- Prepare the facilitation process to include the availability of key questions, scenarios, triggers, challenges, problems, tasks and activities as is appropriate to the situation.
- Arrange the learning environment
- Establish and document review criteria
- Module 3 : Facilitate learning.
- Facilitate learning in a coherent manner using appropriate methodologies
- The learning environment and facilitation approach promotes open interaction
- Ensure learners are aware of expected learning outcomes
- Ensure active participation.
- Enables learners to draw from and share their own experiences and work out and apply concepts for themselves.
- Development of concepts through participation
- Manage groups in line with facilitation principles
- Maximise the strengths of group learning while recognising the needs and requirements of individual members.
- Questioning techniques to promote learner involvement
- Questioning techniques to achieve learning outcomes.
- Creating opportunities for monitoring learner's progress & gathering of evidence
- Modifying the facilitation approach to ensure the learners' needs are addressed.
- Module 4: Evaluate learning and facilitation.
- Obtaining learner and stakeholder feedback
- Critically analysing feedback against review criteria.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of the planning, preparation and facilitation of learning.
- Obtaining useful recommendations for improvement
- Identifying remedial actions.
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Mon 25 Mar 2019||Woodmead||3 Day||Scheduled||
|Mon 27 May 2019||Woodmead||3 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Mon 22 Jul 2019||Woodmead||3 Day||Provisional|
|Mon 16 Sep 2019||Woodmead||3 Day||Provisional|
|Mon 11 Nov 2019||Woodmead||3 Day||Provisional|