Closing the Generation Gap Course Details
There are currently five generations in the workforce, and employers faced with mass retirements of baby boomers are looking for ways to prepare for the changes that will result. This one-day workshop examines the history and reality of the generation gap as an issue.
Whether defining the actual limits of each generation is really important, or the merits of people within the context of employment, is the bigger issue that is explored. Understanding others helps us to understand ourselves and to manage the people that we work with. Problems, solutions, and strategies are explored to help overcome issues of the generation gap.
Specific learning objectives include:
- Develop understanding of where the generation gap issue surfaces, and the impact it has on the modern workforce
- Understand and apply language that is specific to each generation currently in the workplace
- Explore organization strategies that overcome gap issues
- Evaluate the need and effectiveness of recruiting, retention and succession plans in context of the generation gap
Price:$183.80 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%. *Discount available
Note: information may change without notice.
About Closing the Generation Gap
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- History in Brief
- To begin, participants will look at how the generation gap is defined and where it comes from. Participants will also determine similarities and differences amongst themselves.
- Finding Common Ground
- As individuals, we have more in common at work than we may think. This session will teach participants how finding things that are in common can be useful when deciding how to approach differences.
- Silents, Boomers, Xers, Ys, and Millennials
- This session will look at common generation definitions in an effort to understand their history.
- Recruiting that Bridges the Gap
- During this session, participants will explore generation-specific factors that affect retention and recruiting.
- Pre-Assignment Review
- This session will review the pre-assignment and explore common generalizations.
- During this session, participants will identify targeted ways to appeal to different generations.
- The Value of Planning
- Participants will learn how succession planning and coaching can increase an organization's sustainability.
- Holding on for the Good Times
- During this session, participants will look at the effect the generation gap has on retention.
- Developing Targeted Retention Strategies
- Next, participants will learn how to use the generation gap to their advantage when developing retention strategies.
- What We Really Want
- To wrap up the day, participants will explore how to use proven techniques to make our workplace engaging.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Thu 14 Dec 2017||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|