We are open for classroom training with strict Covid-19 Level 1 protocols in place.
Conflict will happen in the workplace. We are individuals with unique ambitions and commitments, and when something we hold as important is threatened, we will take it personally. Conflict may be exciting and energising, but it affects productivity and morale. In this module, we will learn how to improve our conflict management skills and apply problem solving techniques.
Conflict often occurs spontaneously. In this module we explore models to respond rapidly as well as an introduction to principled negotiation as a tool to deal with conflict.
- Define conflict
- Select an approach/strategy to deal with conflict
- Learn to develop rapport
- Learn to develop empathy
- Apply problem solving techniques to conflict
- Manage anger
- Know how to handle unexpected confrontation
- Explore bargaining positions
- Learn the Principled Negotiation Model
- Apply your insights in a world café format to sharpen your skills
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
|Fulltime||1 Day||R 2,299.00|
|Webinar||1 Day||R 1,849.00|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Managers, HR Personnel, business leaders and anyone needing systematic tools to deal effectively with conflict.
Course Outline / Curriculum
1. Understanding conflict
- Conflict definition
- What is conflict?
- What triggers conflict?
- Understand your approach to conflict
- Four possible approaches to conflict
- Conflict Resolution
2. Preventing conflict
- Nonviolent Communications
- Electronic communication
- Active listening
- Team Building and Conflict Prevention
3. Apply problem solving techniques to conflict
- Problem Solving Model
- Applied to Conflict Resolution
- Categories of Conflicts
- Conflict Resolution Model
4. Managing anger
- Understanding anger
- Preparing for conflict
- Dealing with anger
5. Unexpected confrontation
- The Drama Triangle
- Proposed steps
- 1. Mindfulness
- 2. Delay if possible
- 3. Take time to explore accusations
- 4. Share your intentions and admit mistakes
- 5. Avoid classical P R V roles
6 Positional bargaining
- Achieving good agreements
- Exposition of Soft/Hard bargaining positions
- Why are Soft/Hard positions problematic?
7. Principled Negotiation Model
- Application as a conflict resolution model
- The four prescriptions of Principled Negotiation
- 1. Dissociate problems and people
- 2. Focus on interests not positions
- 3. Create opportunities for mutual benefit
- 8. Use critically objective criteria
8. Case studies
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.