The skills that underpins all other soft-skills.
A solid scientifically backed model approach to understanding your brain and its effect on the way you respond to your environment and relationships. The aim is to better understand how we as humans think and feel and the effect our emotions have on our brains to enable us to develop our control mechanisms to behave appropriately and understand the reasons behind what we and others do. We discuss practical models of the brain and the BICEP model of social state management to help with this understanding. The assumption is that we are complex beings who have had a long history of development to become who we are. And we are in a process of growth and development. We want to adapt to lead more fulfilling lives and to be more productive.
This course is accredited with the SABPP and is worth 7 CPD points.
The ultimate aim is for us to self-actualise, ie to perform at one's own unique creative potential. This process is infused with meaning.
In this course you will learn to:
- Understand attention and its limits
- Building self awareness through understanding brain models
- Understanding the BICEP model as a tool in diagnosing your state
- Understand and practice state management
- Understand the language of Strengths and map your top 5 strengths
- Develop your own Personal Canvas (related to strengths)
- Understanding the meaning of Flow State
- Understand and apply performance and meaning quadrant
- Understand how we best learn
Cost$229.90 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
This course is for everyone who wants greater insight into how people operate socially and the WHY behind emotionally-charged behaviour. It is particularly useful to people who need to influence others for example leaders, team members, facilitators, HR professionals and sales professionals.
Computer literacy helpful as resources are accessed via the Internet.
Course Outline / Curriculum
- Developing a Growth Mindset
- What mindset do you have?
- The Illusion of Attention
- The Model of the Triune Brain
- How do these three brain structures work?
- Losing Control of the Downstairs Brain
- Hand Model of the Brain
- Flipping your Lid Video
- Strategies to prevent flipping your lid
- Express – say what you feel.
- Suppress - push it down and deny the feeling.
- Re-frame – think of it is a new way. Give it a new meaning.
- Put it in perspective
- BICEP Model as a means of managing your emotional state
- Self Analysis using BICEP (practical application)
- 8 Steps to practice Mindfulness
- The Meaning of Self-actualization
- The Language of Strengths The Strengths Tests
- 1. Executing
- 2. Influencing
- 3. Relationship-building
- 4. Strategic Thinking
- Strengths and Team Mapping
- Business Model You
- Resources (You)
- Value Provided
- Practical Application – mapping your key strengths
- Flow State
- What Is A Flow State?
- How To get Into Flow
- Meaning and Performance
- Enhancing Learning
- Retaining information
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Mon 30 Jul 2018||1 Day||Provisional|
|Mon 27 Aug 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Mon 10 Sep 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Mon 15 Oct 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Mon 3 Dec 2018||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|