DetailsThis one-day workshop will help teach participants how to: 1. Recognize how anger affects your body, your mind, and your behavior
2. Use the five-step method to break old patterns and replace them with a model for assertive anger
3. Control their emotions when faced with other peoples' anger
4. Identify ways to help other people safely manage some of their repressed or expressed anger.
Cost$229.90 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudienceThis is a personal enrichment course that will benefit all individuals
Pre-RequisitesSelf Mastery Course
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What is Anger?
- What exactly is anger? How does it affect us, our family, and our friends? What are the five dimensions of anger? We will provide a framework for you to discuss these questions with participants.
- Managing Your Anger
- Whether we realize it or not, people often rationalize our anger by identifying the benefits. During this session, we will look at those "benefits" and identify the myths behind them.
- The Anger Process
- There are two events which lead to anger, and there are specific coping strategies that we can use to mitigate the impact of those events. You will help participants identify those events and strategies through personal anger logs and a case study.
- How Does Anger Affect Thinking?
- There are four specific ways in which anger can affect your thinking: magnifying, destructive labeling, imperative thinking, and making assumptions about what other people are thinking.
- Managing Anger
- When a person begins to get angry, there are some specific verbal, physical, and mental strategies they can use to cope. During this session, you will discuss these strategies and help participants customize them.
- Communicating Better
- Often people who are most angry are people who haven't developed their communication skills to the level they would like, and as a result they feel frustrated and misunderstood. During this session, we will discuss the four-step message, listening skills, questioning skills, and three keys participants can use to unlock the best in people.
- Behavior Types
- During this session, participants will work in small groups to discuss passive, manipulative, assertive, and aggressive behaviors.
- Taking Control
- To wrap up the day, we will look at some ways to help participants take control of themselves and a situation to prevent becoming angry.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
To apply for a booking, click on the
relevant "Book Now" button below.
Note: places are only fully secured once payment has been made.
|Fri 22 Feb 2019||Woodmead||1 Day||Scheduled||Book Now|
|Fri 17 May 2019||Woodmead||1 Day||Provisional|
|Fri 29 Nov 2019||Woodmead||1 Day||Provisional|