Leading Training is online and available during the Covid-19 Shutdown.
Our staff are working from home and can do the following:
- Webinar training and e-learning
- Development work
We can provide remote assistance to anyone who needs it, however as an IT support company we are willing to provide emergency support to companies that are essential service providers.
If you require any help from us please make use of the live chat below.
This one-day course will help you teach participants:
- What the peer review process is
- How employees file grievances and how management should respond
- How a facilitator and a panel is chosen
- What is involved in the hearing process, from preliminary meetings to the hearing itself, to the decision process
- What responsibilities and powers a panel should have
- Questioning techniques
- Why peer review panels fail and how to avoid those pitfalls
This course is intended to offer participants a general overview of the peer review process. Participants should be encouraged to customize the process and its application for their organization.
|Delivery Method||Duration||Price (excl. VAT)|
Save up to 10% by booking and paying 10 business days before the course.
Managers, business owners & HR Personnel
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What is Peer Review?
- To begin, participants will discuss what the peer review process is and is not.
- Initiating the Process
- This session will look at the first three stages of the process: filing a grievance, informing the defendant, and obtaining witness statements.
- The Peer Review Panel
- During this session, participants will learn who should be on the peer review panel.
- Asking Questions
- Next, participants will hone their questioning and probing skills.
- The Peer Review Process
- This session will introduce participants to the remainder of the peer review process: preparation, the hearing itself, and the decision making process.
- Panel Walkthrough
- The bulk of the afternoon will be spent role playing a peer review scenario.
- Why Does the Process Fail?
- To wrap things up, participants will explore common reasons why the peer review process fails and how to avoid or resolve these problems.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.
Please note that this course needs a minimum of 6 delegates to schedule a course. You can choose to be added to the waiting list by clicking the button below and we will contact you when we have enough delegates interested. Should we not get enough delegates, we will refund or credit your paid booking.
Should you need this course urgently, the following options are available:
- Pay for 6 delegates (whether you have them or not) and we will schedule the course as soon as possible.
- If you have fewer delegates and cannot pay for 6, we can negotiate a shortened course where some of the time will be spent in blended learning - watching videos and doing tutorials and exercises with some contact time with the trainer. We would want to discuss what your core needs are so that we cover those aspects. You need to have paid for 3 delegates at least.