This one-day course will help you teach participants:
- What the peer review process is
- How employees file grievances and how management should respond
- How a facilitator and a panel is chosen
- What is involved in the hearing process, from preliminary meetings to the hearing itself, to the decision process
- What responsibilities and powers a panel should have
- Questioning techniques
- Why peer review panels fail and how to avoid those pitfalls
This course is intended to offer participants a general overview of the peer review process. Participants should be encouraged to customize the process and its application for their organization.
Cost$229.90 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 14%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
Managers, business owners & HR Personnel
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- What is Peer Review?
- To begin, participants will discuss what the peer review process is and is not.
- Initiating the Process
- This session will look at the first three stages of the process: filing a grievance, informing the defendant, and obtaining witness statements.
- The Peer Review Panel
- During this session, participants will learn who should be on the peer review panel.
- Asking Questions
- Next, participants will hone their questioning and probing skills.
- The Peer Review Process
- This session will introduce participants to the remainder of the peer review process: preparation, the hearing itself, and the decision making process.
- Panel Walkthrough
- The bulk of the afternoon will be spent role playing a peer review scenario.
- Why Does the Process Fail?
- To wrap things up, participants will explore common reasons why the peer review process fails and how to avoid or resolve these problems.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.