The emotional intelligence course is an intensive, one-day workshop geared at giving individuals the skills to cope with their environments. Not only will students learn how to observe their emotional states, they will also learn to manage their emotional states, observe and empathise with others, and take steps to manage their communication of emotions. Participants will leave with a better understanding of themselves, their interaction with those around them, and a positive attitude on how to progress emotionally.We have all worked with and listened to brilliant people. Some of them were great and well, some were not so great. The mean and the meek and all those in between can teach us more than they realise. When we look at the truly extraordinary people who inspire and make a difference you will see that they do this by connecting with people at a personal and emotional level. What differentiated them was not their IQ but their EQ - their emotional intelligence. This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Understand what emotional intelligence means
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others
Cost$229.90 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudienceAnybody who desires to learn how to be in touch with their emotions and how to communicate better with others.
Pre-RequisitesOur Self Mastery Course is highly recommended as a pre-requisite course to this course as it lays the scientific foundation of how our brains process emotions and how we as social beings relate to others.
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the workshop getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Participants will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- History of Emotional Intelligence
- This session outlines some of the milestones and important people who have contributed to the world of emotional intelligence.
- Emotional Intelligence Defined
- You will introduce a few definitions of emotional intelligence and then have participants create their own definition.
- EI Blueprint
- Next, you will cover skills and concepts behind identifying emotions, understanding and managing emotions, and using and communicating emotions.
- This session outlines the basics of optimism and how it differs from pessimism.
- Validating Emotions in Others
- In this session, you will give participants two models to validate emotions in others.
- This session will explore the seven primary human emotions.
- Setting Your Personal Vision
- Participants will explore their own emotions by looking at their principles, values, strengths, talents, potential obstacles, and relationships.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the workshop, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.