By the end of the day, participants will:
- Understand the value of meetings as a management tool.
- Recognize the critical planning step that makes meeting time more effective.
- Identify process tools that can help create an open and safe forum for discussion.
- Develop and practice techniques for handling counterproductive behavior.
Cost$198.00 If you are currently resident in South Africa you will need to pay VAT at 15%.
Instructor Led classroom based training. Scheduled classes are normally held in Woodmead - near to Sandton in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Stationary and textbook included. Refreshments, including 2 tea breaks and a cooked meal for lunch are provided for full time courses. Contact hours are between 9am to 4pm.
AudienceManagers, Business Owners, Sales Consultants
Course Outline / Curriculum
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- The Basics for Effective Meetings
- To begin, participants will receive a checklist that will give them a framework for planning an effective meeting. Participants will also discuss types of meetings, who should attend meetings, and alternatives to hold a meeting.
- The Best and the Worst of Meetings
- Participants will work in small groups to identify the characteristics of well-run meetings and poorly run meetings.
- Holding Productive Meetings
- During this session, participants will explore the keys to productive meetings through large group discussion and a case study.
- Preparing for Meetings
- Participants will be given planning guidelines, including tips on determining the time and attendees.
- This session will educate participants about the importance of agendas. Participants will also take part in a small group activity to reinforce the concepts.
- Setting the Place
- During this session, participants will look at some things to consider when choosing the location and physical setup for the meeting.
- Leading a Meeting
- Next, participants will learn leadership skills necessary for leading a successful meeting.
- Process and Content
- This session will explore the differences between process and content. Participants will also be given some process tools, including DeBono's thinking hats, rules of work, and facilitation skills.
- How to Control a Meeting
- Participants will explore types of difficult dynamics and solutions in a group exercise.
- A Plan for Success
- To wrap up the day, participants will work in small groups to create an action plan for areas of weakness identified in their pre-assignment.
- Workshop Wrap-Up
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and talk with the trainer.
Schedule Dates and Booking
There are currently no scheduled dates.